Small game as a counter to NOED isn't exactly healthy
A lot of people have been hailing small game as the counter to NOED. And it's true, it is a decent counter. But is it really the best idea to have one perk in order to deal with the threat of another perk? Wouldn't it be much better if said perk in need of a counter was made so that it wouldn't need a counter, especially when that counter takes the spot of one precious perk slot out of four? Plus, that's not to mention that small game counters most other hexes (leave my goddamn huntress lullaby ALONE you cruel cruel monsters).
Edit: Apparently it's very difficult to comprehend that I'm not saying small game is specific to NOED as a counter. I want you to stop touching huntress' lullaby, but I'm talking about NOED here because that's what small game got hyped up for at the rework. Plus, NOED is automatically more shielded than other hex perks; it's only lit when it's activated, and you better be prepared to do 5 totems instead of 1 if you want to prevent it before hand. Tell that to the poor souls running devour hope.
Comments
Generators are big and loud with huge metal poles sticking up in the sky. Totems are deliberately secluded and don't take 80 seconds to complete.
Let's not forget that the whole point of small game is to cut down on searching time, so you don't have to investigate every nook and cranny. Even if you have totem spawns memorized, small game will tell you, with certainty, where they actually did spawn out of the many spawn configurations possible.
Generators are big and loud with huge metal poles sticking up in the sky.
But they still require travel to them, as well as assessing their general areas to avoid a 3-gen situation.
Totems are deliberately secluded and don't take 80 seconds to complete.
Yes? That's what I said.
You're right it's not a good perk. But it's an annoying perk to deal with it, when a killer can have a one hook during the whole game only to get easy downs at the end. Which is why I don't run it when I play killer, I view it as just the admitting "I'm not a decent and I know it". Which is why I run detective hunch much better perk than small game, so I destroy most of the totems if I run into them and memorize were the rest are in case the killer has NOED.
So you're saying that ONE Killer perk out of FOUR should have a built-in counter (other than 'cleansing it'), because it's not good design that Survivors use ONE perk out of SIXTEEN to counter it?
Sorry but, no?