Fan Turning on...

Ps4 Pro 4.5 months old and now the fan just started turning on when I play DBD.

I THOUGHT I WAS IMMUNE ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ It hasn't even turned 6 months old yet!ย 

I also randomly get a blue screen that flashes and goes away while playing. ๐Ÿ˜ข

Anything I can do?ย 

Comments

  • Where do you keep your PS4? If it's in an enclosed area it can overheat faster.

  • Where do you keep your PS4? If it's in an enclosed area it can overheat faster.

    On my desk... Hubby made me promise to:ย 
    1. Never Move it
    2. Never Move it
    3. Never Move it
    ๐Ÿ˜
  • Dudddd said:
    Ps4 Pro 4.5 months old and now the fan just started turning on when I play DBD.

    I THOUGHT I WAS IMMUNE ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ It hasn't even turned 6 months old yet!ย 

    I also randomly get a blue screen that flashes and goes away while playing. ๐Ÿ˜ข

    Anything I can do?ย 
    My fan only turns on at the start screen where you have to press X other than that its quiet
    It does quiet down eventually...not always though ๐Ÿ˜•
  • @slingshotsurvivor said:
    Dudddd said:


    slingshotsurvivor said:

    Ps4 Pro 4.5 months old and now the fan just started turning on when I play DBD.

    I THOUGHT I WAS IMMUNE ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ It hasn't even turned 6 months old yet!ย 

    I also randomly get a blue screen that flashes and goes away while playing. ๐Ÿ˜ข

    Anything I can do?ย 

    My fan only turns on at the start screen where you have to press X other than that its quiet

    It does quiet down eventually...not always though ๐Ÿ˜•

    Maybe something is clogging the vent. Is there any dust blocking where the heat escapes?

  • @slingshotsurvivor said:
    Dudddd said:


    slingshotsurvivor said:

    Ps4 Pro 4.5 months old and now the fan just started turning on when I play DBD.

    I THOUGHT I WAS IMMUNE ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ It hasn't even turned 6 months old yet!ย 

    I also randomly get a blue screen that flashes and goes away while playing. ๐Ÿ˜ข

    Anything I can do?ย 

    My fan only turns on at the start screen where you have to press X other than that its quiet

    It does quiet down eventually...not always though ๐Ÿ˜•

    Maybe something is clogging the vent. Is there any dust blocking where the heat escapes?

    There's a vent?ย 
    Sorry for being super obtuse this is my very first console since OG Nintendo. My inner girl is screaming "the thingy is breathing? It breathes ๐Ÿ˜ฒ"ย 

    Side note: I need to now name my Ps4... She breathes after all... I'm thinking Gertrude or Gert or Gerddy ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

  • Taking it apart and cleaning helps a lot. If you don't feel comfortable taking it apart just clean the air vents on the sides.