Recommended PS4 controls?

Does anyone have a screenshot/recommendation of their keybinds for a ps4 controller? By default the controls make healing/dropping a pallet difficult to choose between (they're the same button), and X for dead hard is inconvenient because you have to let go of the movement control (joystick) to use it. I don't know if it's even possible to change the dead hard button

Comments

  • Activate ability is what DH runs on. By changing this, you change the DH keybind.

    I don't actually know if it's possible to make it a different button for healing/dropping a pallet. I just haven't tried.


    If it is possible, you're going to want to switch vaulting R3, and you want DH to be L3, as in when you press down on on the joystick. I hope this helped.

  • PS_App_20201120_031240.jpeg

    This is old screen shot of my controls. The only changes I made were to actions and drop item. I set my actions (pallet/vault/locker) to circle. Then made drop item square because default it was circle. Rest I left alone.

    As for Dead Hard my right joystick controls camera not movement so lifting off for a second to hit x isn't bad - for me it's same as when I press circle to drop pallet or vault in chase. If you have it reversed that right is movement and left is camera you could bind abilities to your d-pad.

  • @CoalTower said:

    Activate ability is what DH runs on. By changing this, you change the DH keybind.

    I don't actually know if it's possible to make it a different button for healing/dropping a pallet. I just haven't tried.

    If it is possible, you're going to want to switch vaulting R3, and you want DH to be L3, as in when you press down on on the joystick. I hope this helped.

    Thank you very much for your recommendations. It is possible to change the healing/pallet buttons. I used to have healing as triangle but it was very awkward and hard to adjust to so I changed it back. I was just curious what everyone else uses

  • @bm33 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/34TD5V9MII1A/ps-app-20201120-031240.jpeg

    This is old screen shot of my controls. The only changes I made were to actions and drop item. I set my actions (pallet/vault/locker) to circle. Then made drop item square because default it was circle. Rest I left alone.

    As for Dead Hard my right joystick controls camera not movement so lifting off for a second to hit x isn't bad - for me it's same as when I press circle to drop pallet or vault in chase. If you have it reversed that right is movement and left is camera you could bind abilities to your d-pad.

    Thanks! I'll keep this in mind. I wasn't sure if dead hard could be rebound. For me I like to have control of my movement while dead harding so I dont like letting go to press X

  • @jakesotto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2210269#Comment_2210269

    Thank you very much for your recommendations. It is possible to change the healing/pallet buttons. I used to have healing as triangle but it was very awkward and hard to adjust to so I changed it back. I was just curious what everyone else uses

    Good to know. What are the healing and pallet controls? As in, what do you have to change to change one but not the other?

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2210277#Comment_2210277

    Good to know. What are the healing and pallet controls? As in, what do you have to change to change one but not the other?

    So they're both R1 by default, if I'm not mistaken "Pick up items/interactions" is healing and the just "actions" one is for vaulting and dropping pallets