The report system is still a total mess

For the longest time in ages, I dared myself to go through the process of reporting a cheater who I caught using clear cheats in a match. You know, the typical Ghostface flying in the air throwing Huntress Hatchets. I had even video evidence and did the in-game report.

So here I go filling out the form online through the official channel to make sure this cheater gets banned from the game. Putting aside the ridiculous amount of garbage information the devs request from us like Offender's Steam ID (Which is a downright ridiculous thing to ask), my Cloud ID on top of my Steam ID, like I was the offender here in a trial. Why do I need to provide so much information about myself like my Steam ID alone was not enough?

ANYWAY! Once everything was filled and I press send, ups... what did my eyes see? That's right. The video I submitted along with the form as evidence for my report could not be uploaded due to taking too long for the server to handle it. I have over 150mbps (Download) and 10mbps (Upload) so I know this is not an error on my side. This is also not the first time this has happened.

The fact that filling out the form requires so much time and so much effort to get all the needed information is an insult to the community that wishes to better the game for everyone by exposing cheaters. This is our precious time we spend for you BHVR and yet you do not provide us the proper tools to report cheaters.

It amazes me how every other competitive online game I play has the modern report system in place but Dead by Daylight which has been around since 2016 and is making so much money can't invest in a good report system even to this day. What is taking you guys so long?!

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Sunbreaker7 said:

    For the longest time in ages, I dared myself to go through the process of reporting a cheater who I caught using clear cheats in a match. You know, the typical Ghostface flying in the air throwing Huntress Hatchets. I had even video evidence and did the in-game report.

    So here I go filling out the form online through the official channel to make sure this cheater gets banned from the game. Putting aside the ridiculous amount of garbage information the devs request from us like Offender's Steam ID (Which is a downright ridiculous thing to ask), my Cloud ID on top of my Steam ID, like I was the offender here in a trial. Why do I need to provide so much information about myself like my Steam ID alone was not enough?

    ANYWAY! Once everything was filled and I press send, ups... what did my eyes see? That's right. The video I submitted along with the form as evidence for my report could not be uploaded due to taking too long for the server to handle it. I have over 150mbps (Download) and 10mbps (Upload) so I know this is not an error on my side. This is also not the first time this has happened.

    The fact that filling out the form requires so much time and so much effort to get all the needed information is an insult to the community that wishes to better the game for everyone by exposing cheaters. This is our precious time we spend for you BHVR and yet you do not provide us the proper tools to report cheaters.

    It amazes me how every other competitive online game I play has the modern report system in place but Dead by Daylight which has been around since 2016 and is making so much money can't invest in a good report system even to this day. What is taking you guys so long?!

    But but resident evil

  • The limit is most likely there, due to the amount of reports and tickets people put in. Another option is to upload it on YouTube as unlisted. Keep in mind there are many people reporting always.

    I can understand it can be annoying and lengthy having to provide the evidence, but right now there is no way to have a replay function, so it is needed users provide evidence when it's needed. Please know however, feedback is taken forwarded and I understand that it can be a lengthy process.

  • It takes so much effort to report someone it's ridiculous.

    I was reporting a killer for body blocking another survivor in a corner for the match. My ps4 for some reason didn't record the whole match, instead the recording started just as I was about to run away from where the dude was trapped with crows. Sent screen shot showing there were gens left with dude blocked from second it showed him at start of match then video from spectating EGC when the killer kept him trapped until timer ran out.

    Can't imagine how many people get away with cheating, working with killer, body blocking, etc. because the person reporting didn't record the game or the recording didn't take. I get they want proof but something should be done on their end to record matches.

  • @bm33 said:

    It takes so much effort to report someone it's ridiculous.

    I was reporting a killer for body blocking another survivor in a corner for the match. My ps4 for some reason didn't record the whole match, instead the recording started just as I was about to run away from where the dude was trapped with crows. Sent screen shot showing there were gens left with dude blocked from second it showed him at start of match then video from spectating EGC when the killer kept him trapped until timer ran out.

    Can't imagine how many people get away with cheating, working with killer, body blocking, etc. because the person reporting didn't record the game or the recording didn't take. I get they want proof but something should be done on their end to record matches.

    All of this

    It takes longer to submit a damn report than it does to play a match. It's absolutely bonkers how awful the report system in this game is.

    Hell, I would be willing to be my life savings that the majority of players don't realize you have to submit an actual report on the computer like this was 1999 rather than just being able to hit the "Report" button in-game...

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2209425#Comment_2209425

    All of this

    It takes longer to submit a damn report than it does to play a match. It's absolutely bonkers how awful the report system in this game is.

    Hell, I would be willing to be my life savings that the majority of players don't realize you have to submit an actual report on the computer like this was 1999 rather than just being able to hit the "Report" button in-game...

    On console it gives no indication at all that you need to send down additional information.