Rebalancing Legion
Legion
Power: Feral Frenzy
- Buff: The movement speed increase from Feral Frenzy is increased to 5.6m/s (from 5.2m/s).
- Buff: The Feral Fatigue cooldown is reduced to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds).
- Buff: Performing a Basic Attack while Feral Frenzy is charging will now only remove 2 charges (from 5).
- Buff: Performing a Basic Attack and hitting it while Feral Frenzy is charging will now add 5 charges.
- Change: The Deep Wound status effect that Feral Frenzy used to have is now removed. Instead, it is replaced with the Mangled status effect, which is buffed on Legion to reduce self and altruistic healing speed by approximately -20%.
Special Ability: Phantom
- Phantom is a new stealth-based ability for The Legion that will change how you play them forever.
- The Legion now have the ability to crouch down, with a similar crouching and movement speed to Survivors.
- Press the designated Active Ability button to utilize Phantom, which causes Legion to quickly jump to a nearby targeted corner of a wall or solid object and crouch down near it.
- When Phantom is active, Legion gains a new status effect known as Silenced, which reduces their Terror Radius to approximately 16 meters and removes their Red Stain.
- The Silenced status effect goes away after 8 seconds of movement, or 15 seconds of no movement from the Legion. If Legion moves at any point during the latter's 15 seconds, the effect immediately goes away.
- The status effect has a cooldown of 5 seconds after the effect wears off, meaning that Legion cannot constantly hide to reset it.
- Phantom has a special indicator that will pop up to any corner, solid object, or underneath a vault location.
- Phantom has a maximum lunging range of 12 meters.
- Phantom costs approximately 4 charges of Feral Frenzy to use.
- Phantom has a cooldown of 1.5 seconds before being able to be chained.
- The time it takes to get to a position with Phantom is dependent upon your proximity to the target location.
- The minimum amount of time (1 meter or less) is 0.5 seconds.
- The maximum amount of time (12 meters) is 1.5 seconds.
- Phantom has a special subtle sound effect that plays whenever The Legion moves from one location to the next, which can allow Survivors to know where the Legion is. This sound effect also gets louder the closer that Legion gets to a Survivor.
- Phantom also has a visual cue that plays when switching locations, which is a black blur that goes across the area within a split second. That indicates that a Legion has gone there.
- Upon exiting the Phantom state, The Legion gains a slight 5% movement speed increase for 1.5 seconds and the ability to inflict the Hindered status effect upon a successful basic attack for 5 seconds.
- Movement speed reduction from the status effect is -15%.
- Phantom's ability to move to another area is based on line of sight; if you have a direct line of sight to the area, you will be able to get there quickly and efficiently.
- When Phantom is active, Legion gains a new status effect known as Silenced, which reduces their Terror Radius to approximately 16 meters and removes their Red Stain.
Add-Ons:
- Stab Wounds Study now slightly reduces survivor healing progression per Feral Frenzy hit (by 7%).
- Frank's Mixtape now moderately reduces survivor healing progression per Feral Frenzy hit (by 13%).
- Nasty Blade now slightly increases the potency of the Mangled status effect (by 5%).
- Filthy Blade now moderately increases the potency of the Mangled status effect (by 10%).
- Defaced Smiley Pin now grants the Hemorrhage status effect instead of the Mangled status effect, for obvious reasons.
- All add-ons now have additional functions due to the new Phantom ability:
- Smiley Face Pin now also causes any survivor hit within the Silenced window of Phantom to be given the Blindness status effect.
- Scratched Ruler now slightly reduces Phantom Chain cooldown.
- Mischief List now slightly increases the Silenced status effect duration.
- Friendship Bracelet now slightly reduces the amount of time it takes to hide with Phantom.
- Never-Sleep Pills now moderately reduce the amount of time it takes to hide with Phantom.
- Mural Sketch now moderately increases the Silenced status effect duration.
- Julie's Mixtape now slightly reduces the amount of charge Phantom takes from Feral Frenzy.
- Etched Ruler now moderately reduces Phantom Chain cooldown.
- Defaced Smiley Pin now also causes any survivor hit within the Silenced window of Phantom to be given the Hemorrhage status effect.
- The Legion Pin now also causes any survivor hit within the Silenced window of Phantom to be given the Broken status effect.
- Susie's Mixtape now increases the maximum lunging range of Phantom by 2 meters.
- Stolen Sketchbook now moderately increases the Silenced status effect duration.
- Nasty Blade now slightly increases the potency of the Hindered status effect after Phantom activates (by +3%).
- Joey's Mixtape now moderately reduces the amount of charge Phantom takes from Feral Frenzy.
- Stab Wounds Study now slightly increases the duration of the Hindered status effect after Phantom activates.
- Frank's Mixtape now moderately increases the duration of the Hindered status effect after Phantom activates.
- Filthy Blade now moderately increases the potency of the Hindered status effect after Phantom activates (by +5%).
- Cold Dirt now increases the maximum lunging range of Phantom by 4 meters.
- Iridescent Button now causes any windows vaulted by The Legion to be blocked by The Entity for 5 seconds if they are vaulted during Phantom's 5 or 15 second window.
- Fuming Mixtape now allows The Legion to see the auras of survivors within an 8 meter radius for 5 seconds when using Phantom at maximum charge.
The changes above to Legion, as well as the brand new ability, would simply make him feel more on par with many of the other Killers within the game and certainly would make him a significantly more interesting Killer as a whole. These changes could make him better, or even dramatically better, though time would have to tell on that. My main goal was to make it so that Legion could be around a middle to upper middle tier placement at the very least.
The buffs that I made to Feral Frenzy are there to make it a little more potent and forgiving to a Legion player, as well as just make it more fun to utilize in general. The movement speed always seemed a little too slow and thus I wanted to rectify that with a minor increase.
Another big issue with Feral Frenzy was the Feral Fatigue cooldown, which lasted a little too long at 4 seconds. This, being reduced to 3 seconds, would make it much more fair to utilize than it was previously.
The final issue I had with Feral Frenzy was that it was unforgiving when using a Basic Attack whatsoever. So, I decided to change it so that missing it is less punishing while hitting it is more forgiving, in a sense.
Then there's the addition of their new special ability: Phantom. When I thought of Legion, I originally thought that buffing their kit would work well enough. However, I think that instead of just buffing their kit, the character needs an additional something to make them really shine and become a very distinct Killer.
Enter: Phantom.
Phantom is a stealth-based ability not previously seen in the game as its effects work much differently. It grants a new status effect exclusive to The Legion and gives them a way to traverse the map in a scary amount of time. It is not without its own flaws, however, as it will cost the ability to utilize Feral Frenzy to utilize the ability itself. This allows Legion to enact a little more pressure and can make him more terrifying, at the cost of his main ability. So you are given a critical choice; Feral Frenzy, or Phantom?
Anyway, with all this said, what do you guys think about the changes I'm proposing? Would these make Legion fit a little more into the game? Will Deep Wound be an even more annoying (as intended) mechanic?
Let me know in the responses.
Update I: Taking into consideration that mending may be hell on people, I decided to make a different compromise to it. I've also added a massive rework to how Legion works based on a certain game known as Persona 5, so I hope you enjoy the more stylish, yet still terrifying Legion rework I thought of.
Comments
A better buff would be keeping the mending timers the same but making mending like Tier 3 Madness where you can’t perform most actions until you’re mended
I honestly just want to see Legion reworked into something more fun. In his current state he's unhealthy due to how obnoxious he is and how good his power is at dragging games out, but at the same time he's awful enough to 0k a 30 minute game.
Give him something more fun
With that in mind, I decided to actually buff survivor mending times for the survivors themselves (see OP), so in concept, Survivors will need less time to actually mend and thus will have a less frustrating game.
I also took this into consideration and decided to give him something much more fun to utilize as an option in comparison to Feral Frenzy, basically a polar opposite of it, if you will. I think what I conceived off would make Legion a much more fun Killer to play as and a more stressful and terrifying Killer to play against, but at least one that isn't as obnoxious as he was before (especially with his Deep Wound nerf).
I'm actually considering conceiving of a suggestion to remove Deep Wound and replacing it with a much more terrifying type of status effect in its stead. Perhaps a Mangled status effect that slows healing speed by 50% would be better than Deep Wound?
I've decided to add on a lot more things than I originally anticipated. I'm hoping that whatever I've done for Legion now would be a good enough rework and rebalance of the character altogether.
I'm not sure about the phantom ability, it just doesn't suit them. They're a bunch of loud brutal teens and them being sneaky just doesn't fit them. I can agree with them popping out of lockers but them being stealthy is just not fitting
Well, considering that they are able to maneuver around areas quickly and their own trailer shows them being able to stealthily take down someone from within, wouldn't it be better to give them an ability that makes people second guess themselves until it's too late?
With how difficult it is to lean on objects as GF, I highly doubt the devs would be able to pull of the hiding behind objects stunts
I mean it'd probably be a simple modification to movement speed followed up by coding to make Legion crouch automatically upon triggering the move. The only troublesome part would be indicating what could be considered a corner; however, this could be rectified with a simple visualizer and probably the ability to go at any part of a wall or object, rather than a corner, for convenience.
Probably a lot of coding behind it, but in simple terms, it'd probably be like that.
Everyone wants a legion rework
i like it
Once I gave a rework suggestion too
Alright I'm going to assume how this works. You use Feral Frenzy to injure everyone. Then you use the phantom ability to get sneaky hits that down people. I just realized something from, do you know why anti-heal is so good on Wraith? It's because stealth allows him to get clean hits but because of his lack of insta-downs, he relies on leaving people injured
Making Legion stealthy while also keeping his original ability which is basekit anti-heal would make him really powerful and I'm not sure if it's in a good way