Why change flashlights again?
I'd like to know what the devs intended the flashlights to work like.
Once again they have changed them in the background. Now you have to go for a blind a bit earlier again. I don't get why they are constantly changed.
In my head here is the only genuine thing I can imagine this being:
The devs are messing about with flashlights deliberately every few months. The only people who use flashlights are players who are really good at the game and know the timing perfectly. Good killers know how to avoid/bait these flashlights but newer/bad killers don't.
I believe they're changing them to benefit bad killers and know that it'll stop people complaining about them for a few weeks till the good players relearn the timing.
The devs know that only a small minority of survivors use flashlights often enough to notice the change but since that community is so small they don't really care. They know not enough will complain about it and can keep doing it.
When is the last time you heard a dev talk about them changing flashlights? I don't remember.
TL;DR Flashlight timing changed again. Don't know why they keep doing it and not explaining the reasons for it.
Comments
to be fair you can get blinds even if the killer turns around at so at this point i don't even think the devs know what they want flashlights to be like
I think the real answer is probably much more simple: they don’t intend to change them, and don’t even notice the change so never mention it. It’s probably tied to some other mechanic that breaks the timing unintentionally every once in a while.
I'd just like them to explain what they want them to be like. There's no way they keep messing with flashlights by accident.
First it was the timing, then the pov, then the timing, then the angles lol they change something with them every few weeks to a month.
I'd be shocked lol it's never mentioned, it just happens.
I think they are not actively changing it, it just happens by accident. By developing new killers, perks and other stuff they are probably modifying a lot of code that can affect other things very easily. Most likely the code is not in a good shape, so it is easy to miss something. And then bugs and weird changes like this appear.
Oh, that's just beautiful. Messing with flashlights is the new Nerf Pig.