Official DS Stats From BHVR

Comments

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2200453#Comment_2200453

    My experience with old DS was that it was more of an annoyance and a punishment for playing too good. It just created situations that were unfair to killer which I believe is the main reason it got changed rather than DS being too good.

    I remember a game where the survivors messed up very hard and I had just hooked my 3rd survivor before anyone had been saved. So I go after the savior and hook them now I'm left with 3 survivors who could all have DS up even because I played much better than my opponents.

    I wouldn't say it was what happened if you "played too good," it just happens if you fulfill the 1/4th (or lower) chance of stumbling across a recently hooked survivor.

  • I don't understand why people upload pictures or other things from Dead By Daylight's Twitter, when their Twitter is on the right side of the screen.

    Screenshot_1.png


  • @Kira4Evr said:

    I don't understand why people upload pictures or other things from Dead By Daylight's Twitter, when their Twitter is on the right side of the screen.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SO4DS9MQRQCU/screenshot-1.png

    I don't see that tab due to a browser add-on. And a forum thread is better organized than Twitter.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201125#Comment_2201125

    I don't see that tab due to a browser add-on. And a forum thread is better organized than Twitter.

    True

  • Those stats are for DS users only, shows that people who were using DS before and after change have still the same escape rate, nothing more

    Edit: screenshot of twitter guy

    Screenshot_20210520-093251.png


  • @realflashboss said:

    The stats of anything just show that the change wasn’t needed.

    The escape rate was the same even with ‘60s of invincibility) - ever heard of slugging or lunging at the person on a gen!? 😂

    Oh please you can also put it the other way around. Survivor manage to escape at the same rate after the nerf as before, so the nerf was not too big 🙄

    With over averaged stats without proper differentiation and parameters everyone can build their own narrative around them 😑

  • I think it's interesting, and I like it when they share data.

    However, I also used to do research comms in real life, and one of the problems with releasing random stats like this is that people naturally want to know what conclusion the stats are supposed to support / prove, so, if you don't provide a narrative, they will start to invent their own.

    IMO, if you just want to release data to let people satisfy their curiosity, it's better to give them a table they can interact with to investigate their own questions. If you're releasing data to tell a story, it's better to give more context about what you think it proves.

    I don't expect DBD to release a data table to us -- and I don't think they're obligated to in any way -- but imagine how interesting it would be if they did! The streamers could make so much content from that.

  • So they only accounted for 3 months? 1.5 months before and 1.5 months after? FREAKING LOL!!! 27% usage before change what does that mean? DS users only get to use the perk in 27% of the time they had the perk or only 27% of players use DS? I'm legit confused because i doubt only 27% of the Survivor playerbase used DS...

1 2 ›