Ping limit

Thought of this once I heard someone on discord literally bragging about using programs like xlag to increase their ping to have an effect similar to VPNs in public matches. Things might look normal on the killer's screen but if you've ever gone against someone using a VPN, you know how unfair getting hit through every single window/pallet feels.

So I thought something like csgo's system where you define an acceptable ping for yourself could be added, but instead of being chosen by the player, the maximum acceptable ping was imposed. If it surpasses the treshold, the player is kicked out of the game but no DC penalty is applied as the player didn't choose to disconnect.

I'd say give it a little bit of wiggle room for normal internet instability and set the maximum acceptable ping as something between 160 and 200. Maybe even lower, I wouldn't know what pings like 140 look like but I have received complaints from survivors when I was forced to play on NA servers due to SA servers being turned off out of nowhere which happens every so often. Now I know not to play killer when I'm sent to foreign servers but some people do take advantage of this.

Comments