3 important killer tips to keep in mind for newer players
Here are the 3 killer tips I think are most important to keep in mind when playing them.
- Know your killer
- Know your survivors
- Adapting; having a plan
Knowing your killer:
When I say know your killer, I mean to know how the power of your killer works. The weaknesses and strengths for the killer you are playing.
If you are playing Huntress, know when to use your power and what survivors can do to prevent you from using it. If you see them heading behind a wall or objects to make it harder to hit them, consider just chasing them into a point where you can if you don't feel you will land the shot on them. If you see an area that is strong against your killer, consider approaching them from a different angle to push them away from it.
Wraith is an excellent killer for learning this as you have to always catch the survivors off guard by coming from unexpected angles which is made easier with his buffs.
Also be sure to learn all the little tricks your killer can do such as the movement of Blight's rushes, or faking an m1 attack by pressing m2 for a second with Clown, Demogorgon, Oni, or Wraith.
Know your survivors:
Knowing your survivors will help when playing killer, it will always be a skill that you can learn and use. It is very easy once you play the game for a while to find out what the skill level of the survivor is. You can start by chasing survivors. If they fall for mindgames here and there, then they are probably average skilled survivors. If they don't, then you can assume that they are a good survivor. If survivors are making very coordinated plays, then it might be a SWF. Anything that the survivors do is a sign of how skillful they are.
One main thing I like to look at is their pathing. When I chase a survivor as killer, I look at how they are running away from me so I can gauge how good they are and if I need to break chase, and I also look at where they are leading me to. Are they looking behind them? Go ahead and continue chasing them since they will likely go down quickly. Are their movements very precise and formal? Then they probably know how to run you around for a while.
Anything that you can use to gauge the skill of a survivor will help you do little mindgames here and there to get hits or downs on them.
adapting; Have a plan:
Anything can happen in a game you play, things can go good or bad, so you must adjust your playstyle accordingly (assuming you want to get some kills). If survivors start to split up on gens, it might be worthwhile to start slugging. If you really need a kill, consider tunneling someone you just hooked to get some pressure on the survivors. You can suddenly go from having 2 people hooked and one chased to suddenly losing 2 generators in a relatively short time, this game can fluctuate to either side very quickly due to several variables, so adjust accordingly. You will understand what I mean by this by playing more killer.
Comments