Am I the only one who finds hook spawns wildly inconistent.

I have been messing around with hangmans trick and power struggle and sometimes it feels there is no hooks on the map and I end up getting power struggle off and 0 hangmans value and other times it feels like hangmans gives map wide auras and power struggle is useless since there is a hook every 3 feet. Like there is never even ny hook offering in play since I dont think I have seen a single person use them since breakdown was fixed but like seriuous I was on a game with 6 hooks all visable from one spot I was standing and another game where I was forced to let the last survivor die to the egc cause there was no hooks I could get them on.

Comments

  • i think the frustrating part is that hooks spawn a regular distance apart, more or less, unless the basement is nearby and then the basement creates this massive zone where there's just no hooks anywhere nearby. so if the basement spawns in an irritating location it can just cause there to be nothing.

  • Clustered hook spawns were a bandaid fix for 99 sabo teams.

    Now that sabo has been reworked the spawns have no purpose other than to be infuriating

  • Certain maps tend to be worse, hooks dont consider objects or different levels. The basement also messes up hook spawn locations. Really does need to be looked into. Personally a simple fix ignoring basement hooks would fix that issue.

  • Depends on the map and the zone of said map, most of them have arguably regular and consistent hook spawns but some other maps can have hook deadzones for example Badham, if you down someone at the boiler room and the basement has not spawmed there you may find yourself with one hook within reach (or even none at all).

    As a rule of thumb, anything that is a platform or underground where no hooks can spawn and you cant jump off easily because it has handrails (Pale Rose, the Saloon etc) is bound to have a long road to hooks if you down someone on the upper level, usually within reach but a very long carry distance.