2018 and the profile pictures.

I've noticed that some members who have been here since 2018 have a bigger (and extremely good looking) profile picture. But that doesn't apply to every single 2018 member.

Is this an actual thing? Can someone explain the logic behind it?

Comments

  • I’ve only been around since mid 2020 but I’m assuming it’s because the way pfps looked on the forums were changed at some point but they had to actually change who was on their pfp to get the new look. I’ve seen a couple with the old pfps as well and assume it’s because they haven’t changed their pfp since it the look got changed.

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve only been around since mid 2020 but I’m assuming it’s because the way pfps looked on the forums were changed at some point but they had to actually change who was on their pfp to get the new look. I’ve seen a couple with the old pfps as well and assume it’s because they haven’t changed their pfp since it the look got changed.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I've noticed this too, and it has always thrown me off.

    If you go to your profile and squint a little, you can actually see that there's a bigger and barely-visible square surrounding your profile picture. My guess is that when the forums were first created (May of 2018), that was the standard size for every picture, but then it was later shrunk.

    But I didn't join the forums until right before 2020 hit, so all I can do is guess.

    Oh, I see. I guess that explains it, but it is sad to think that they are exlcusive to 2018 members, because I didn't join until 2019, and those profile pictures look GOOD.

    Anyway, thanks for the help :)