Matchmaking - is this normal or was I just unlucky?
I've been watching DBD streams on-and-off for a year now, and decided to give the game a go today as it seems really fun!
But.. this screenshot was from my second game (40 minutes or so of playtime :p). The first game was slightly better - only 3 had full purple perks, one was a noob like me (but he was also higher rank than others at 16?), but those other 3 billys had flashlights and at some point started running around me trying to blind me heh. And in this game, they refused to leave until I got close to the exit (like for a good few minutes after they opened the gates; they were just running circles around each other, and only left after I uncloaked near the gate).
I'm assuming these guys are quite a bit more experienced than me, so messing with me a bit for fun. Is this normal? I fully understand the difficulty curve is quite steep, but.. the matchmaking seems a bit unfair :P
Thanks!

Comments
There's a bug with rank reset going on right now. IE those players could have realistically been rank 1 just the other day technically.
Normally this would be fine since everyone is within 6 ranks of each other, but currently there's a rank reset issue where players have either not gotten their rank reset at all, or some who were rank 1 and got reset all the way back to rank 20. Because of this yeah you probably will run into people who are wayyy more experienced than you.
There was a bug with rank reset yesterday and many players' ranks were regressed more than intended. You probably faced some of those players who were high ranks until one day ago. In other words, yes, you were unlucky.
You could not have started at a worse time. Rank reset is bugged and placed people all over the ranks, this should not be normal.
But to be fair, even normal matchmaking is... imperfect to say the least
On the flip side to what people are saying about the rank reset bug, idk if you have already, but make sure to get your free 250k BP by going to the store ingame, pressing the 'redeem code' button and typing in 'RANKROULETTE' and you could spend those on a killer you fancy playing to have a bit of a better chance. :)
I hope you manage to get a better experience because honestly, this game may have some major flaws, but it's a great game and any new blood with a fresh outlook is always good, imo.
ahhh ok. I'll give it another go in a few days then.. thanks :)