Old (PTB) or New Executioner chase music?
in Polls
So this is probably really insignificant but I've always liked the bells in the PTB chase music and thought it added to the silent hill theme. I was very sad when they changed it on the live servers. Curious to know if others want the old music back.
Comments
I liked the PTB chase music more, but apparently the current chase music fits Silent Hill 2 more so I'd rather have it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsQLlk-T0s Also this is literally me listening to it
A fair point
PTB music was so much more of a banger. The serialist-esque percussion bell things were a lot more eerie than the guitar.
A fellow of culture I see
there was more depth to the PTB theme, the newer one is just grungy metal overpowering the entirety of the theme
I like both versions very much and don’t mind having the current live version at all.
but I liked the music in the PTB even more, so if I had the choice I would take that one. But in the end as I said, I am very much okay with both, as it still is my favorite chase music regardless of version.
I will say the old Pyramid Head chase was DBD finest chase music at that point.
I much prefer the current one. If there was an option to choose between the PTB version or the LIVE version in the game then that'd be pretty nice.
I didn't notice and have no opinion, I was too busy being chased by Pyramid Head and having a nerdgasm to notice
I feel like I'm alone in this comment section, but I prefer the current one.
Some people have said this in different sites, but it does fit Silent Hill a bit more. The bells don't really sound like anything I remember in the games so they feel out of place for me, while the new one sounds a lot like the more chaotic themes from the Otherworld sections. Especially those of SH3, so it also fits with Cheryl.
The PTB version was awesome, but for me, this one is even more so.
I think the PTB chase music sounded better.