When do you camp and tunnel survivors? (Poll)
Be honest
Be honest
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I camp/ tunnel when the opportunity presents itself and doing so is necessary for the win. I also play extremely dirty if I dislike the survivors. The opposite also applies if I like the survivors
I'll camp a survivor on hook if all the gens are done. there's no other realistic objective for me to defend. i get camped like that sometimes and while it's not fun, it's totally understandable imo. i never camp or tunnel annoying survivors because they're annoying, though - nor do i find it fun to do
The little gremlins deserve it
Depends on the mood I'm in.
Both are legit strategies anyway, not the best methods for efficiency but still.. both are strategies.
I try not to tunnel and camp, But I will if I'm having a rough game. Especially if there are annoying/toxic survivors.
If I need to Camp/Tunnel to win the game I do it, if not I don't, except the Survivors are extremely annoying, or I play against someone I don't like.
If they cost me hooks, I don't really have much choice but to tunnel them out or go afk. It's a coin toss which I choose.
During the EGC, camping is the only thing a killer can do, so if I want more hooks or a kill then that's what I'll do: camp.
Usually the only time I camp is endgame. If I'm tunneling someone, they either:
A - 59 second locker DSed me after I chased and hooked another survivor already. Then it's "oh no... now you're actually being tunneled. If only you still had a perk that was supposed to prevent this..."
B - Borrowed time body blocking is a good way to ask for death. I was going for the unhooker but now you've got my attention
It's not this complicated for me, if going after the survivor seems like the best choice I will. I may slug them for DS, wait out the BT but I don't really care if I'm tunneling or camping.
If you're the average "click the flashlight everytime I see the Killer and taunt him any time I get a stun", expect a basement proxy camp, and pray to your favorite gods that I'm not using Bubba. Otherwise, I only do it if the game is going south.
If it's the right play, I do it. If it's not, I don't.
I usually try to avoid it because I know it can suck for the survivors, but if a survivor is going out of their way to be annoying (flashlight clicks, tbagging, etc) especially when I've just been vibing... yeahh, they're getting tunneled.
Whenever I see one lol jk. Either to have a good laugh with bubba or a Survivor spamming flashlights or emotes. If you play Survivor and do that "come here" emote than you should expect this treatment.
it tends to happen, even if not intentional.
I do it mainly to kill survs