How i would fix keys.

I'm not going to bore anyone with a long elaborate post. Imma get straight to it.


Add a skill check. Like brand new part. Yes survs can hit that skill check easily. But, it gives the killer time to smack them off of the gen. So they cant just get hatch with key right in a killers face. So lets say a killer also has franklyns+having key hit a skill check after a quick 1 sec timer, it stops keys in its track. Also if you miss the skill check it depeletes half of the key. So 2 chances.


What do you guys think?

Comments

  • I would just make it 16sec open the hatch, then instantly close it & EGC starts after used.

    Sometimes its a surprise factor for the remaining survivors (such as key holder escape through hatch and leave me & another guy at 1 Gen left, out of nowhere EGC starts). I find its fun though.

  • Wdym "smack them off the gen"?

    Anyways, if I understand this correctly, you're saying that there should be difficult skill-checks to start using a key's add-ons? And failing a skill-check will deplete 2 charges? If that's the case, no, I don't think that's a good idea.

    Because when I hear people complain about keys, they seem to complain about 1 or more survivors escaping through the hatch when there are gens left. So I think it would be better to rework the hatch instead. Make it spawn only when all gens are done or when there's only 1 survivor left. And add a 3-second unlocking animation with difficult skill-checks to open the hatch. And failing a skill-check will restart the progressing and notify the killer.

  • Personally, I would just nerf aura reading add ons for keys and keep them as they are.

    However opening hatch would requiere animation at least 10s long. And hatch spawns later, preferably only when all gens are done or when the last survivor is alive

  • This is not my idea but I forget whose idea it is:

    I'd rather just have the hatch not spawn until all gens are done or if there's only one survivor left.

    If nerfs keys without actually touching the item while also making the 1v1 end game more fair as neither side can see the hatch before it opens and it has zero effect on hatch achievements such as the 4 man hatch escape which requires all generators to be done anyways.

  • As long as multiple survivors can escape without doing the gens keys will be problematic.

    Make it so hatch only spawns when all gens are finished or there is only one survivor left is the only way to really fix them outside of a complete rework that they are apperently doing.