Perks You Never Feel as though you've gotten full use out of?

I'm talking about perks that can be good or are known by the community as decent, but you could just never get the hang of.

For me, I never really feel like I get any mileage when I run Dying Light or, on a lesser scale, Monitor & Abuse. Then of course there's the various newer perks that have more conditions to make use of than a JoJolion stand.

Comments

  • "perks that can be good or are known by the community as decent"

    "dying light"

    you lost me.

  • Mine would be Borrowed Time as i primarily do safe unhooks(Including body-blocking when necessary) so a lot of the time unless a killer is camping and tunneling hard It never activates.

    as for your two:

    Dying Light is an extremely overrated perk as it only has a noticeable effect once most of the survivors in a given game are dead and at that point slow down doesn't matter.

    Monitor & Abuse is only good on killers with a low Terror radius like Deathslinger or Michael.

    It also requires that the killer doesn't have an external special terror radius like huntress whom its useless on.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Mine would be Borrowed Time as i primarily do safe unhooks(Including body-blocking when necessary) so a lot of the time unless a killer is camping and tunneling hard It never activates.

    as for your two:

    Dying Light is an extremely overrated perk as it only has a noticeable effect once most of the survivors in a given game are dead and at that point slow down doesn't matter.

    Monitor & Abuse is only good on killers with a low Terror radius like Deathslinger or Michael.

    It also requires that the killer doesn't have an external special terror radius like huntress whom its useless on.

    Not really, monitor is really good also on Killers with oneshot abilitys or keeping survivors injured such as Legion, Plague, Oni, Bubba or even Billy.

  • Whispers.

    I can understand why it's good but in my experience it helps me find the first survivor slightly faster then stays lit up for the entire match untill the end where it allows me to find the last person.

    I know it's good but i never get good use out of it

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2178778#Comment_2178778

    Not really, monitor is really good also on Killers with oneshot abilitys or keeping survivors injured such as Legion, Plague, Oni, Bubba or even Billy.

    Eh not overly for legion as you don't actually want the larger Terror radius while in a chase as it can often lead you to chasing survivors you can't possibly reach in time(Killer Instinct is tied to their radius).

    Also for killers like Plague,Oni, and/or depending on your build Bubba don't actually want a smaller terror radius as they rely heavily on Infectious Fright which reveals survivors inside of your radius thus wanting a normal sized one(Too small you miss survivors too big well look at the top above).

    Anyways the best killers for it are objectively Michael(Again depends on the build)/Deathslinger/Trickster as it lets them more easily ambush the survivors.

    Finally for billy you have add-ons that can outright grant undetectable and unless you're running one of his Ultra rares the apex muffler your chainsaw sound isn't suppressed by M&A.

  • Borrowed Time.


    It's useful in some ways, unless of course you try and play it close to the chest infront of the killers face. They tend to get annoyed with that and sandbag my ass before I get the unhook ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179020#Comment_2179020

    Eh not overly for legion as you don't actually want the larger Terror radius while in a chase as it can often lead you to chasing survivors you can't possibly reach in time(Killer Instinct is tied to their radius).

    Also for killers like Plague,Oni, and/or depending on your build Bubba don't actually want a smaller terror radius as they rely heavily on Infectious Fright which reveals survivors inside of your radius thus wanting a normal sized one(Too small you miss survivors too big well look at the top above).

    Anyways the best killers for it are objectively Michael(Again depends on the build)/Deathslinger/Trickster as it lets them more easily ambush the survivors.

    Finally for billy you have add-ons that can outright grant undetectable and unless you're running one of his Ultra rares the apex muffler your chainsaw sound isn't suppressed by M&A.

    If you are a good killer you will know how far you can make it with Legion, it if you mess it up its your mistake, not from the perk. Infectios pairs very well with monitor cuz the bigger radius gives a good intel of where your next target is. Again if you mess up with the range of then its up to you, not the perk. Yes ofc deathslinger and myers are very good with this perk, probably even the best, but doesnt mean other Killers dont benefit from it. If you are used to that perk then the smaller TR can befit very well, you would be surpsied of how often I get some free Kills cuz I catch survivors off guard and off position.

    Ps: Ignore my spelling, I am tired xD

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179036#Comment_2179036

    If you are a good killer you will know how far you can make it with Legion, it if you mess it up its your mistake, not from the perk. Infectios pairs very well with monitor cuz the bigger radius gives a good intel of where your next target is. Again if you mess up with the range of then its up to you, not the perk. Yes ofc deathslinger and myers are very good with this perk, probably even the best, but doesnt mean other Killers dont benefit from it. If you are used to that perk then the smaller TR can befit very well, you would be surpsied of how often I get some free Kills cuz I catch survivors off guard and off position.

    Ps: Ignore my spelling, I am tired xD

    I have had mixed results with M&A and infectious as it never seems consistent if it will be the small reveal(Due to being able to down while not in a chase such as over walls as Plague or blindsiding someone before they can run as Oni) or the large plus Plague and Bubba really can't make use of the larger reveal they are just too slow.

    But I do get your point about the smaller Terror radius throwing survivors off leading to grabs as I have done it multiple times but I was also originally commented to the OP who was asking why M&A felt underwhelming to them.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179042#Comment_2179042

    I have had mixed results with M&A and infectious as it never seems consistent if it will be the small reveal(Due to being able to down while not in a chase such as over walls as Plague or blindsiding someone before they can run as Oni) or the large plus Plague and Bubba really can't make use of the larger reveal they are just too slow.

    But I do get your point about the smaller Terror radius throwing survivors off leading to grabs as I have done it multiple times but I was also originally commented to the OP who was asking why M&A felt underwhelming to them.

    ye I get ya dont worry and thats true

  • Gearhead is a perk I love to death. While inconsistent at times it works in most my matches and since I play clown I can activate it fairly regularly

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179020#Comment_2179020

    Eh not overly for legion as you don't actually want the larger Terror radius while in a chase as it can often lead you to chasing survivors you can't possibly reach in time(Killer Instinct is tied to their radius).

    Also for killers like Plague,Oni, and/or depending on your build Bubba don't actually want a smaller terror radius as they rely heavily on Infectious Fright which reveals survivors inside of your radius thus wanting a normal sized one(Too small you miss survivors too big well look at the top above).

    Anyways the best killers for it are objectively Michael(Again depends on the build)/Deathslinger/Trickster as it lets them more easily ambush the survivors.

    Finally for billy you have add-ons that can outright grant undetectable and unless you're running one of his Ultra rares the apex muffler your chainsaw sound isn't suppressed by M&A.

    M&A is pretty decent on Legion. Just because you detect them you don't have to run after them.

    Once you get better at Legion you can judge the distance pretty well and just cancel your power so you have it back when you get there or just be content with the extra information you got.

    There are many better options but it's not bad

  • Camaraderie, hands down. Everytime.

    I want this perk because I often end up on the hook and want to help my team out while I'm stuck there; especially against a camper. I like to run it with Kindred and Open Handed, but not once has this perk effectively bought my team time.

    • Unsafely unhooked while it still has a lot of time left (80% of the time)
    • Left to die on hook because no one came close to my hook (20% of the time)

    Both stem from the other survivors having no way of knowing I have it equipped (unless they're staring at my hook timer on the HUD, while they move in to rescue, while dodging the killer, and happen to see a barely noticeable flashing red aura suddenly appear around the timer and not mistake it for me failing a Struggle skillcheck).

    It also has to do with Kindred. They either assume that I'm desparate to be unhooked or why else would I use Kindred, or they see the killer near the hook and stay away altogether.