What if Survivors always spawned near the Killer?
Right now Survivors usually spawn far away from the Killer and near gens. So the beginning of the game tends to be more slow paced and stealth oriented. Plus the lack of early map pressure tends to allow multiple generators to finish before all four Survivors have even seen the Killer.
I've always felt that was an odd choice for a horror game. I think it would be more exciting and probably more balanced if the Survivors all started within 32m of the Killer. The beginning of the game would probably start with the Survivors scattering to avoid being the first chased and it would give the Killer some immediate threat and map pressure.
Thoughts? I think this is a relatively simple fix to the early game, with no new mechanics added.
Comments
Honestly I'd prefer killers to be able to see survivors auras for a couple seconds at start but I know people would hate that.
I've started so many matches since last summer in the killer's terror radius (can hear it as camera is spinning) or facing the killer. It sucks, especially when it's a killer that camps at start of match.