Killer Add-Ons (Is It a Insult to Poor Balance?)

Introduction:
Has anyone that plays killer gets this type of feeling when you equip add-ons from the developers.

"It's okay, we know that every killer is not supposed to be viable but we have you a way to make your killer less weak at the cost of wasting tons of bloodpoints!"

How I feel and some ideas:
I mean, don't get me wrong, I think some add ons are really cool but you're wasting bloodpoints to balance out your weak killer and that's a "No no" in my book. Killers should be strong without any add-ons but can be made slightly more stronger with add-ons in my opinion. Just saying some ideas so don't freak out, I feel like some add-ons should be built-in to some killers in general or if you get "Merciless Killer" post trial, you keep your add-ons like survivors do when they escape.

Summary:
Again, I just don't like how some killers need add-ons to be viable in high ranks and wish that killers can be strong without needing add-ons.

Comments

  • I used to never use addons till i got to rank 10 now i use them all the time i see it as a game mechanic like playing survivor and using whatever. If you didn't need add ons what would you spend blood points on? Part of the replay factor is the grind needing BP for this and that. Certain killers add ons make them Crazy tough to play against unless they are a potato. The Huntress, Michael, Trapper, Doctor, Nurse, and Billy have add ons that make them a force and than some. I still given those load outs wouldn't mind Killers getting to keep add ons for Merciless Victory.

  • I think it's just for fun, you don't really "need" them persay, they certainly can make a match easier. But when I was learning nurse i used no add ons and now I always use addons because they just make her ability more fun to play with.

    The same for mori' and such, you don't really need them but it sure is fun to "physically" murder a survivor as apposed to putting them on the hook.

  • Devs are really ignorant on this.
    What's the reason to play a killer that is weak?
    Just to entertain the survivor? Most likely that's the answer. And that's the reason why killer should get a crapton of more bloodpoints for playing a match, because we need to get bribed to play the partyclown.

  • @SenzuDuck said:
    I think it's just for fun, you don't really "need" them persay, they certainly can make a match easier. But when I was learning nurse i used no add ons and now I always use addons because they just make her ability more fun to play with.

    The same for mori' and such, you don't really need them but it sure is fun to "physically" murder a survivor as apposed to putting them on the hook.

    Ever tried non-addon spirit?
    It really sucks

    And nurse is the only killer that can do really well without any BP investments

  • I never equip addons until I'm ready to prestige or an event is taking place. I use the core kit and perks to build a strong understanding of what they are capable of. So now before I make the prestige,  I burn through addons to test the combos I like and the difference is black & white in some cases. Killers should use addons to expand a playstyle not required them to be viable.
  • It's not a coincidence that the only viable killers are good without addons. 
    If a killer needs addons to be a threat to survivors, then he's not only weak, but also depends on the bloodpoint farm from other killers.

    Addons should change the way killers are played. Just look at Myers. His addons allow for different playstyles.

    They should give an advantage, not make a weakness less affecting. 

    We need addons for sneaking, going loud, completely reversing the special ability, to farm and to make the special ability extremely strong. 
  • @Tsulan said:

    We need addons for sneaking, going loud, completely reversing the special ability, to farm and to make the special ability extremely strong. 

    i like the idea for some of these. Adding more stealth to game from the killer perspective would bring back the initial jump scares, the ability to farm for more blood points is also really intriguing.

  • fcc2014 said:

    I used to never use addons till i got to rank 10 now i use them all the time i see it as a game mechanic like playing survivor and using whatever. If you didn't need add ons what would you spend blood points on? Part of the replay factor is the grind needing BP for this and that. Certain killers add ons make them Crazy tough to play against unless they are a potato. The Huntress, Michael, Trapper, Doctor, Nurse, and Billy have add ons that make them a force and than some. I still given those load outs wouldn't mind Killers getting to keep add ons for Merciless Victory.

    If killers are strong without add-ons then that would be great for a competitive stand point! However on topic, if what I said above is correct, add-ons can be used to extend a killers playstyle. For example, I think Freddy and Myers have obsession add-ons which change how they play! Shouldn't every killer have a obsession add-ons?

    Trapper: (Poisonous Blades)
    Become obsessed with a survivor. Whenever your obsession gets trapped in a bear trap, if at anytime they free themselves without aid from their allies, you can now mori the obsession. Only one obsession per trial.

    Wraith: (Night Hunter Symbol)
    Become obsessed with a survivor. You're completely invisible to the obsession when you are cloaked and your obsession cannot hear your wailing bell. Only one obsession per trial.

    Billy: (Bone Cutting Blades)
    Become obsessed with a survivor. Whenever you chainsaw your obsession, your obsession will automatically move to the next hook phase. Only one obsession per trial.

    Just some ideas! :)
  • I agree. Majority of the killers ( not all ) are way, way too addon dependent. I think many of the addons should be toned down a little and have more of them baked into the killers base kits. Also, most of the new killers ultra-rare addons lately have been complete garbage for being considered "ultra-rare". Most of them should have been in the killers base kits as well.

  • Killers beeing so AddOn dependend is probably the main reason why they earn so much bloodpoints than survivor. I don't see anything wrong with them beeing kinda mandatory for high Tier play. The only thing that bothers me, if a Killer's AddOn dependency doesn't give you any options or variations.
    Take LF for example. The majority of his AddOns are barely usefull on him and judging by his slow standard charge speed and cooldown, AddOns, which boosts these values are kinda mandatory. It's probably one of the killer who are most in the need of an AddOn rework right now.
    Hillbilly on the other hand is in a better spot, because going for stuff like Speed or less bump penalty is technical kinda useful for him and adds different playstyles.
    The new Wraith is another candidate for this. You can go for a speed wraith or a fast vault/pallete destroyer. Or you can go silent attack Ninja. or the Annoying Wraith build. A lot varieties. Even though it feels mandatory to use them on him, it's still fun to play and change your build from time to time.

    So in general I would say that it's not too bad, that a killer might be AddOn dependend as long there isn't one specific AddOn-Combo or build turns ut to be mandatory for them. So you can go with different builds and more variety to try out or to have fun with.

  • @Nickenzie said:
    Introduction:
    Has anyone that plays killer gets this type of feeling when you equip add-ons from the developers.

    "It's okay, we know that every killer is not supposed to be viable but we have you a way to make your killer less weak at the cost of wasting tons of bloodpoints!"

    How I feel and some ideas:
    I mean, don't get me wrong, I think some add ons are really cool but you're wasting bloodpoints to balance out your weak killer and that's a "No no" in my book. Killers should be strong without any add-ons but can be made slightly more stronger with add-ons in my opinion. Just saying some ideas so don't freak out, I feel like some add-ons should be built-in to some killers in general or if you get "Merciless Killer" post trial, you keep your add-ons like survivors do when they escape.

    Summary:
    Again, I just don't like how some killers need add-ons to be viable in high ranks and wish that killers can be strong without needing add-ons.

    Sorry man but i have to tell u that on MOST of my Rank 1 matches i dont use any addons, not even the brown ones (I use 1 different killer at every match), whenever i use addons on any killer the game just becomes a walk in the park and survivors give up before fixing a single gen or just DC making the matches last for less than 2 or 3 minutes.

    Because of those reasons, using addons is a complete waste, u know u gonna EASILY 4 kill if u equip the addons, its a very brief moment of fun, but as always survivors destroy it by suiciding or giving up like the SCUM they are. If we could keep the addons the game would be just better in general, but until that day comes i'll keep stacking my hundreds and hundreds of unnused addons at my inventory...