Do Items Despawn?

Will items left on the ground despawn if left untouched for a length of time?

No one had Plunderer's Instinct, the killer didn't have Franklin's Demise, yet my key wasn't where I left it when I went looking for it at the end of the match.

I left it in a rarely-traveled spot...

Who stole my key??

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Nope even with Franklin’s they will stay until the match ends

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nope even with Franklin’s they will stay until the match ends

    This isn't true.

    Items 'knocked out' by Franklins will eventually despawn, and the killer can tell when by the colour of that items aura. It's after 150/120/90 seconds depending on tier.

    Any other items however, if dropped manually, or revealed from a chest, will stay there permanently.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2168742#Comment_2168742

    This isn't true.

    Items 'knocked out' by Franklins will eventually despawn, and the killer can tell when by the colour of that items aura. It's after 150/120/90 seconds depending on tier.

    Any other items however, if dropped manually, or revealed from a chest, will stay there permanently.

    Yeah I meant dropped manually I should’ve specified

  • No, if you place an item it will not "despawn".

    In the case of your key, someone probably snaffled it from where you'd left it.