[HUGE ISSUE] DbD now has negative mouse acceleration

So I hadn't played in a while, noticed I had to redo my sensitivity settings because whatever you changed reset them and while doing that I noticed that the faster I move my mouse, the lower the sensitivity gets - negative mouse acceleration.

I tried adding bEnableMouseSmoothing=false to the input file but that command seems defunct in DbD.

Looks like this is on you guys to fix.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • I found a guide that said to put this into the engine.ini file at the bottom, tested a few games as killer and seems it does the job.

    [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]

    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

    bDisableMouseAcceleration=True

  • Ok thanks to Marcz' post I figured out how to manually fix it for now.

    Put this into your input.ini (NOT engine.ini):


    [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]

    bDisableMouseAcceleration=True


    Should probably make it read-only too after otherwise it might reset if you go into the options menu ingame.

    Hoping for a proper patch soon so that the more casual players can enjoy proper mouse input again too. :)

  • @umrqlzxnnwubyejamn said:

    Ok thanks to Marcz' post I figured out how to manually fix it for now.

    Put this into your input.ini (NOT engine.ini):

    [/Script/Engine.InputSettings]

    bDisableMouseAcceleration=True

    Should probably make it read-only too after otherwise it might reset if you go into the options menu ingame.

    Hoping for a proper patch soon so that the more casual players can enjoy proper mouse input again too. :)

    Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your posts because I did this and it helped a ton! I was complaining to my other half a few days ago that killer movement felt way too “floaty”, and I kept getting annoyed at myself for whiffing a bit more than usual, but since making these tweaks it feels tons better and more precise.

  • please acknowledge this issue :)