is being a friendly killer bannable ?

So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • When 2 survivors left, i left Nea on the ground to find Yui. Then i gave nea hatch because poor thing was on the ground for almost 4 minutes. Apparently got reported for that and banned for a day. Now i don't give survivors hatch in that situation

  • @landromat said:

    When 2 survivors left, i left Nea on the ground to find Yui. Then i gave nea hatch because poor thing was on the ground for almost 4 minutes. Apparently got reported for that and banned for a day. Now i don't give survivors hatch in that situation

    People take this game too serious... Doesn't surprise me a bit though that happened.

  • @landromat said:

    When 2 survivors left, i left Nea on the ground to find Yui. Then i gave nea hatch because poor thing was on the ground for almost 4 minutes. Apparently got reported for that and banned for a day. Now i don't give survivors hatch in that situation

    Been in this game before as the survivor who did not go for saving the slug. It was a wraith and all he has to do is stand over body cloaked.wraith picked up slug and slug decided to give me up after 4 minutes not sure why that last survivor is punished for this type of play in this case now I just bring plunders every match to try and avoid things like this.

  • @theworshipperofBu3ba said:

    So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

    It had better not be bannable while camping is allowed...

  • @theworshipperofBu3ba said:

    So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

    No

  • @landromat said:

    When 2 survivors left, i left Nea on the ground to find Yui. Then i gave nea hatch because poor thing was on the ground for almost 4 minutes. Apparently got reported for that and banned for a day. Now i don't give survivors hatch in that situation

    You probably received the ban because you left a player with significant time unable to play the game,,, who cares if you gave them the hatch after doing this??? Easy fix for you,,,, don't leave players on the ground for a significant part of the game, hope that helped.

  • @theworshipperofBu3ba said:

    So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

    It's not bannable as long you don't team with one/more survivors against one/more survivors specifically.

    @landromat said:

    When 2 survivors left, i left Nea on the ground to find Yui. Then i gave nea hatch because poor thing was on the ground for almost 4 minutes. Apparently got reported for that and banned for a day. Now i don't give survivors hatch in that situation

    I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm just saying there must be some details missing in your story, because what you described is not bannable.

  • @theworshipperofBu3ba said:

    So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

    I personally do not see anything wrong with this. TBH I wonder about the people who get so incensed about this game and so "into it" that they fly into rage fits if a solo player happens to find the hatch after the rest of the solo team gets melted.

  • If the killer tries to play nice and farm or goof off with other survivors, that's fine by me. But if I choose not to participate, and I continue to play the game normally, I will report survivors/killers for working together if they go out of their way to rat out my location and/or sandbag me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167831#Comment_2167831

    Nah youre wrong, bleeding out has a timer so the game will end eventually, it has been stated numerous times that it isn't bannable

    Being friendly isn't bannable as long as you don't force people into longer matches they can't leave in anyway (dcing not counting oc), however, having these silly matches too often is discouraged by Bhvr. Maybe you did these plays too often and the support that recieved your report woke up a lil bit cranky :P I play friendly often too and didn't get anything yet.

    Are you talking to me lol??? I am not part of this type of play and never even had it happen to me?? So why did they get the day ban then? I just do not see the point of downing someone only to let them lay on the ground for a significant amount of time only to give them the hatch later,, kind of counterintuitive.

  • @theworshipperofBu3ba said:

    So I opened this topic cause Im not sure if its bannable. I like chilling with survivors and sometimes I just feel empathy to bad survivors let them escape and sometimes I only kill 1 person and let others go is this bannable ? At the other times I just watch survivors to scare them with myers but I only watch them without stalking is this bannable ?

    Why would being a fair killer be bannable? I shouldn't imagine it would be seeing as it's a game of play how you wanna play.


    If anyone was to report you for it then it more than likely be the one you've hooked or the fact someone doesn't like you being a softy... either that or definitely taking the game too seriously.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167876#Comment_2167876

    Just wanted to say that downing someone and leaving them isn't ban worthy, in case someone here reading that might think you're right. Just wanted to make that clear

    If you can just point to where in my comments I said it was ban worthy I would appreciate it?? I asked a question,,, the question was, "why did they receive the ban" if what they did wasn't worthy of a ban,,, and to date I have not received a credible answer. I would think the devs do not go around handing out a day ban for nothing?? This is what I said earlier "You probably received the ban because you left a player with significant time unable to play the game",,, I never once said it was worthy of a ban but rather more comment with regard to why down someone for a large part of the game only to let them go later.

  • @Nos37 said:

    If the killer tries to play nice and farm or goof off with other survivors, that's fine by me. But if I choose not to participate, and I continue to play the game normally, I will report survivors/killers for working together if they go out of their way to rat out my location and/or sandbag me.

    But why would you not participate in a bit of banter and some goofing around? Please tell me you're not that type of player that literally must do gens and get out quickly? .... see loads of survivors kill to have a bit of banter with killers and some fun, and when they are doing just exactly that turns out the survivors are too hard serious and complain the killers being nice and friendly. And they'll also get reported or toxicity for being a complete rat during the match.


    Poor killers can't win these days.

    And yes I'm talking behalf of BOTH ROLES.


    Gosh, some players need to get a grip. And don't put yourself in a sandbag situation and be too serious with the game. Let your hair down and laugh you're are entitled to that sir. Don't get many friendly killers out there, so dig the matches you do and make the most of them.

  • I'm terrible in chases. My strength is not getting caught. If the killer has 3 extra sets of eyes (and some of them may even have Bond) then I'm as good as dead.

    It has happened on several occassions. They all get upset that I don't play their little game and they all gang up to track me down, bodyblock me, down me, teabag me, farm/grief me while I'm slugged, farm/grief me while I'm hooked, and then the killer lets them all go free.

    I'm not ruining their fun by hiding, looking for totems, looting chests, hiding from the killer, and working on the ocassional gen. Yet, they go out of their way to make my life aboslutely miserable.

  • @SammiieK1991 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167845#Comment_2167845

    But why would you not participate in a bit of banter and some goofing around? Please tell me you're not that type of player that literally must do gens and get out quickly? .... see loads of survivors kill to have a bit of banter with killers and some fun, and when they are doing just exactly that turns out the survivors are too hard serious and complain the killers being nice and friendly. And they'll also get reported or toxicity for being a complete rat during the match.

    Poor killers can't win these days.

    And yes I'm talking behalf of BOTH ROLES.

    Gosh, some players need to get a grip. And don't put yourself in a sandbag situation and be too serious with the game. Let your hair down and laugh you're are entitled to that sir. Don't get many friendly killers out there, so dig the matches you do and make the most of them.

    Exactly right. So many games are intense cat and mouse rounds and if you have one killer who just likes to have fun and go around for a bit is always fun and a welcome relief to the game!!!

  • It depends really what you mean. Do we condone farming? No, but there are generally no bans issued as long as no one is griefed, because there is a possibility it can turn into griefing. E.g. one survivor is forced to do generator on their own while the rest is farming with the killer. Killer and survivor working together to grief one survivor to then farm, etc. etc. There are multiple scenarios in which it can be a bannable offense.

    We encourage you to play the game properly. It is okay to have fun, but it can be frustrating to people if they want to play a match and they face someone who is not doing anything as and just following them. In your case, I highly advise you to play the game normally and if you want to play nice with people, please make sure no one gets griefed in the process.