The switch performance is not acceptable

The switch version sucks.

Lag, 20-30 fps and on maps with snow and rain you can basically do nothing at all.

And the sad thing? It's not the fault of the switch it self. This thing is running games a lot more complicated and good looking perfectly (Warfarme for example)

Modders already played the game on solid 60 fps and better graphicsboth the mobile and the pc version on that thing. So it's just bhvr fault this game is awful programmed right now. But hey, another version who just prints money right?

Comments

  • @Mineguy said:

    The switch version sucks.

    Lag, 20-30 fps and on maps with snow and rain you can basically do nothing at all.

    And the sad thing? It's not the fault of the switch it self. This thing is running games a lot more complicated and good looking perfectly (Warfarme for example)

    Modders already played the game on solid 60 fps and better graphicsboth the mobile and the pc version on that thing. So it's just bhvr fault this game is awful programmed right now. But hey, another version who just prints money right?

    Yup, just another version to rake in the money. They clearly do not care about Consoles. If they did, they’d have delivered on their promise to properly optimise consoles that they made a year ago I believe.

  • Serious question: If it is so bad - why do you continue to play it on Switch? Honest question. If I was running a game and it ran THAT bad on PC - I just wouldn't bother playing it. So since this has always been an issue; which is what a friend told me it has (I've never played it on Switch) - then why continue? Not being snarky - just trying to understand why.

    I guess if it were me and I bought a game and it ran like poop - I would just be pissed and not play it because frankly it doesn't sound at all fun if it runs like that. Even if I wanted to play the game - I'm not gonna waste my time playing an inferior copy, because... it sounds horrible.

  • @Jasix said:

    Serious question: If it is so bad - why do you continue to play it on Switch? Honest question. If I was running a game and it ran THAT bad on PC - I just wouldn't bother playing it. So since this has always been an issue; which is what a friend told me it has (I've never played it on Switch) - then why continue? Not being snarky - just trying to understand why.

    I guess if it were me and I bought a game and it ran like poop - I would just be pissed and not play it because frankly it doesn't sound at all fun if it runs like that. Even if I wanted to play the game - I'm not gonna waste my time playing an inferior copy, because... it sounds horrible.

    Because I spend a lot of time in it. It wasn't so bad at the beginning and I didn't have a other console or pc. But then it got worse with every update and every map rework. Now I have a ps5 but have to start new while I have a unplayable version with all survivor perks and all killers perks, a few p3 and a lot maxed killers... I hope crossprogression is coming soon...

  • @Mineguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143855#Comment_2143855

    Because I spend a lot of time in it. It wasn't so bad at the beginning and I didn't have a other console or pc. But then it got worse with every update and every map rework. Now I have a ps5 but have to start new while I have a unplayable version with all survivor perks and all killers perks, a few p3 and a lot maxed killers... I hope crossprogression is coming soon...

    Oh ok. Honestly I have never played a Switch and cannot imagine trying to play DBD on something so small so I was curious as to the allure of it. I can barely tolerate playing card games on my phone (Note 20 which has a 1/2 inch bigger screen than Switch) let alone one like DBD lol.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143860#Comment_2143860

    Oh ok. Honestly I have never played a Switch and cannot imagine trying to play DBD on something so small so I was curious as to the allure of it. I can barely tolerate playing card games on my phone (Note 20 which has a 1/2 inch bigger screen than Switch) let alone one like DBD lol.

    To be fair, you can dock the Switch and use it like any other console..


    i got the game once cross progress was announced (and stated to come in September 2020), played a few games and rarely touched it ever since because of the bad performance.

  • I have absolutely no idea why my experiences are different. Well, I do and I don't. First, everyone I've heard talking about the game on Switch - I mean EVERYONE - says that the game actually performs better in handheld mode, strangely enough. I have a Switch Lite and the game has not frozen or had sudden massive framedrops at all. Granted I've only put 20 or 30 hours into it but that should have been enough to have seen something wrong by now. I haven't, it's essentially a pocket version of the exact same game with everything looking, sounding and playing exactly like its PC cousin (minus the lower framerates and requisite reduced textures on clutter and so forth).

    I've said this elsewhere and I don't repeat it to brag but to make a point: I got a 4K with Michael on the Lite, with crossplay on, while standing up and leaning against a wall inside the entrance of a brightly-lit Walmart. I've only got like 250 total hours in the game, and that was only my second 4K ever. I rarely ever play as killers yet I managed to completely own that match. My point is that if I, as a new player who rarely uses killers can use one of the mid-tier ones to get only my second 4K in 200-odd hours of gameplay, then surely the handheld version of the game is playable.

    4k.jpg

    I know that people hate the drop from 60 fps to 30 but honestly, beyond that, playing the game on the Lite is the exact same experience for me. I've gone from PC to Lite or vice versa, depending on various circumstances, and I'm really not noticing much difference at all. You guys are NOT the only ones to say that the performance is bad, I just, for some reason, absolutely cannot say the same. Try playing in handheld mode if you haven't yet. I know you may not want to, but see if it at least makes the game play better for you. Supposedly it will.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2143860#Comment_2143860

    Oh ok. Honestly I have never played a Switch and cannot imagine trying to play DBD on something so small so I was curious as to the allure of it. I can barely tolerate playing card games on my phone (Note 20 which has a 1/2 inch bigger screen than Switch) let alone one like DBD lol.

    It's a really sharp, crisp screen and when you're holding it (we're talking about the Lite, I don't know about the handheld version of the Switch itself) near your face to play it's actually pretty immersive. You'd definitely think that your eyes would strain, that the experience would feel significantly different, but it's actually pretty much the same thing.

    There are some amazing games that run beautifully on the system: Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Monstrum, the Bioshock trilogy, the Borderlands games, a few Assassin's Creeds, the last couple Saints Rows, the modern Doom and Wolfenstein games, all the modern Resident Evil games up through 6, etc. For a handheld it's actually amazing, and this is coming from someone who's turned his nose up at Nintendo for the last 20 years.

    This is how the game looks and plays for me. Nice and smooth, no major issues. Keep in mind the game has also been updated to match the PC version, it no longer has this old UI and other such things.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8hXNExfQ4