On the topic of tunneling....
I can already smell the hate I'm gonna get for this, but I have to say it. There is no such thing as tunneling. The killer is there for one purpose and purpose only, and that purpose is in its name. They are either going after someone to kill, or they're looking for someone to kill. If they're doing anything else, they're probably just farming or goofing off. But yeah, tunneling is just "tunneling." It don't exist. Does it suck if they choose to focus on you? Sure. But also, that is there whole job. To kill. That is how they're choosing to do it. If they think it works well enough for them, then by all means just move on to the next game should you die. This game's community is toxic enough as it is, and we really don't need anymore. This is coming from someone who plays both sides equally, and is able to see things as they really are. I don't favor one side over the other. Both sides have a role. One is to escape, the other side is to kill. That's their job.
Comments
I am convinced people who complain about tunneling don’t play killer. Or if they do they just play easy mode killers like nurse / spirit / huntress / etc.
Survivors will still complain about tunneling when 3+ people regularly bring DS at red/purple ranks and 3 gens can get done in the first 2 minutes of the game if the survivors are good at looping.
As a survivor main I am mostly ok with tunneling. It's a strategy that killers can use win. Survivors have similar strategies they can use to win and have tools to handle.
I said this once and I will say it again it's not the strategies that's toxic its the intention behind the strategies that's toxic. Killers have tunneled survivors for extremely petty reasons. Because they don't like the cosmetic the survivors is wearing, the character that they are playing as, even just using an item that was intentionally put in the game. If you tunnel for these petty reasons then that's toxic. You didn't do it with the intentions of winning you did it to make the survivors game unfun because you had a bias against them.
Again using a strategy to win the game is totally fine but using it to make the other person's game unfun is toxic.
Against good survivors tunneling and slugging isn't even going to work, even with stupid meta (ruin, pop, tinkerer etc) if the map is too big or has too many strong tiles for survivors to use.
I played a match the other night and the first 4 gens were done in 5 minutes.
They increased the gen speed after they nerfed old ruin and no one ever said anything about it. It used to take longer than 40 seconds for two survivors to finish a gen. Fact.