Trickster should be 115% and here's why

1. Unlike his counterparts, Trickster does not take away a health state as quickly/reliably as huntress or Deathslinger. Trickster requires 8 full hits to take away a health state while Huntress/Deathslinger only need one, making them the better killer. Yes, he throws his shots more rapidly but they can be easily avoided if you have even the slightest knowledge on how to run loops which leads into my next point...

2. It will help him in loops/chases. As it stands, trickster takes a long time to down a good survivor (which is like everyone cause I'm a purple rank) and by the time you do get them down, 1-2 gens will have already popped. Time wasted in a chase that would've ended a lot sooner if only you were able to actually catch up to the survivor who's already at another loop/tile and so the cycle repeats! This leads to tunneling and camping which is not fun at all.

3. It will give him more map pressure. Tricksters map pressure is almost none existent and the fact he NEEDS ruin/undying to perform half-decent is sad. Since making him 115 helps him down people more reliably, getting to the other side of the map to pressure a gen will be a lot quicker. It will discourage camping cause they know they have have the necessary speed to stop that gen from being popped.

I understand people say this isn't what the trickster needs to be good but I strongly disagree. I feel making him 115% will help him out greatly in many aspects such as chases, loops and map pressure. I just feel so damn slow playing him because he takes a long time to do just about everything. I never feel that way playing huntress.

"But this will make him an M1 killer and people will not use his knives!"P

People will not stop using his knives because like huntress's hatchets, they're a blast to throw and hitting them is satisfying as hell. It'll just be easier for him to follow up with an M1 after injuring a survivor? Is that such a bad thing?

I'm also open to many other changes such as laceration meter not decaying, decreased amount of knives to injure, being able to hold onto main event, ricochet being base kit, etc. I just feel very strongly about this one and I stand by it. Will it happen? Probably not but hey, one can dream right? I want trickster to be good. I love everything about him from his design to backstory but his gameplay can be frustrating no matter how fun it is throwing those knives. He's no longer the weakest killer in the game but he still suffers from many of the same problems even with his buffs.

Comments

  • @TauNkosi said:

    1. Unlike his counterparts, Trickster does not take away a health state as quickly/reliably as huntress or Deathslinger. Trickster requires 8 full hits to take away a health state while Huntress/Deathslinger only need one, making them the better killer. Yes, he throws his shots more rapidly but they can be easily avoided if you have even the slightest knowledge on how to run loops which leads into my next point...

    2. It will help him in loops/chases. As it stands, trickster takes a long time to down a good survivor (which is like everyone cause I'm a purple rank) and by the time you do get them down, 1-2 gens will have already popped. Time wasted in a chase that would've ended a lot sooner if only you were able to actually catch up to the survivor who's already at another loop/tile and so the cycle repeats! This leads to tunneling and camping which is not fun at all.

    3. It will give him more map pressure. Tricksters map pressure is almost none existent and the fact he NEEDS ruin/undying to perform half-decent is sad. Since making him 115 helps him down people more reliably, getting to the other side of the map to pressure a gen will be a lot quicker. It will discourage camping cause they know they have have the necessary speed to stop that gen from being popped.

    I understand people say this isn't what the trickster needs to be good but I strongly disagree. I feel making him 115% will help him out greatly in many aspects such as chases, loops and map pressure. I just feel so damn slow playing him because he takes a long time to do just about everything. I never feel that way playing huntress.

    "But this will make him an M1 killer and people will not use his knives!"P

    People will not stop using his knives because like huntress's hatchets, they're a blast to throw and hitting them is satisfying as hell. It'll just be easier for him to follow up with an M1 after injuring a survivor? Is that such a bad thing?

    I'm also open to many other changes such as laceration meter not decaying, decreased amount of knives to injure, being able to hold onto main event, ricochet being base kit, etc. I just feel very strongly about this one and I stand by it. Will it happen? Probably not but hey, one can dream right? I want trickster to be good. I love everything about him from his design to backstory but his gameplay can be frustrating no matter how fun it is throwing those knives. He's no longer the weakest killer in the game but he still suffers from many of the same problems even with his buffs.

    I do think he should be 115% but that's the only change he needs.

  • A killer who specialises in the 1v1 doesn’t need 115% move speed. He can down at a fairly long distance so it’s unnecessary.

  • @TauNkosi said:

    1. Unlike his counterparts, Trickster does not take away a health state as quickly/reliably as huntress or Deathslinger. Trickster requires 8 full hits to take away a health state while Huntress/Deathslinger only need one, making them the better killer. Yes, he throws his shots more rapidly but they can be easily avoided if you have even the slightest knowledge on how to run loops which leads into my next point...

    2. It will help him in loops/chases. As it stands, trickster takes a long time to down a good survivor (which is like everyone cause I'm a purple rank) and by the time you do get them down, 1-2 gens will have already popped. Time wasted in a chase that would've ended a lot sooner if only you were able to actually catch up to the survivor who's already at another loop/tile and so the cycle repeats! This leads to tunneling and camping which is not fun at all.

    3. It will give him more map pressure. Tricksters map pressure is almost none existent and the fact he NEEDS ruin/undying to perform half-decent is sad. Since making him 115 helps him down people more reliably, getting to the other side of the map to pressure a gen will be a lot quicker. It will discourage camping cause they know they have have the necessary speed to stop that gen from being popped.

    I understand people say this isn't what the trickster needs to be good but I strongly disagree. I feel making him 115% will help him out greatly in many aspects such as chases, loops and map pressure. I just feel so damn slow playing him because he takes a long time to do just about everything. I never feel that way playing huntress.

    "But this will make him an M1 killer and people will not use his knives!"P

    People will not stop using his knives because like huntress's hatchets, they're a blast to throw and hitting them is satisfying as hell. It'll just be easier for him to follow up with an M1 after injuring a survivor? Is that such a bad thing?

    I'm also open to many other changes such as laceration meter not decaying, decreased amount of knives to injure, being able to hold onto main event, ricochet being base kit, etc. I just feel very strongly about this one and I stand by it. Will it happen? Probably not but hey, one can dream right? I want trickster to be good. I love everything about him from his design to backstory but his gameplay can be frustrating no matter how fun it is throwing those knives. He's no longer the weakest killer in the game but he still suffers from many of the same problems even with his buffs.

    Tru3 had a hood buff to him while keeping him 110%.

    I don't know exactly all the points but 2 of then are a survivor being hit by knives but not downed have to option to take out the knives or keep them in.

    Every single knives has to taken out separately.

    So they can choose to just do a gen but having the risk to (when they have for example 7 knives in them) to be downed quickly.

    So high risk, high reward.

    Also whenever a survivor is hooked the others with knives in them won't loose them like it is now.

    Ok a think i remember 3 of them I think 😬

    The other one is for his main event.

    During main even you get 1 knives to throw.

    But that 1 knives will take away 1 health state, or insta down a survivor, don't know exactly which of the 2.

    But personally I have no issue with either one of them.

    This will make him a lot stronger and more viable.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    A killer who specialises in the 1v1 doesn’t need 115% move speed. He can down at a fairly long distance so it’s unnecessary.

    As right as you are, there is a flaw in your logic.

    A decent survivor (not even a good one) will try to break line of sight.

    So if you down a survivor at a long distance than it is purely luck or it is a patato survivor who is either low rank or has no idea how to loop.

    Trickster has to capitalise of survivors mistakes more than any other killer.

    If he does a wrong read than he will be punished heavily.

  • Nah, definitely not.

    Make him 115% and he's just a M1 killer with a useless power. Why would you even bother using his knives?

    His power need to be good enough to warrant his 110% speed, or it's pointless.


    What needs to change is:

    1. Lacerations don't decay when in a chase.
    2. Each laceration slows the survivor by 1%. With the maximum of 7 lacerations slowing by 7%. This makes up the speed difference by rewarding his power. Which allows you to catch up to them, giving more opportunity to hit more knives, or to close the gap and M1.
  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/245602/trickster-should-be-115-and-heres-why

    Tru3 had a hood buff to him while keeping him 110%.

    I don't know exactly all the points but 2 of then are a survivor being hit by knives but not downed have to option to take out the knives or keep them in.

    Every single knives has to taken out separately.

    So they can choose to just do a gen but having the risk to (when they have for example 7 knives in them) to be downed quickly.

    So high risk, high reward.

    Also whenever a survivor is hooked the others with knives in them won't loose them like it is now.

    Ok a think i remember 3 of them I think 😬

    The other one is for his main event.

    During main even you get 1 knives to throw.

    But that 1 knives will take away 1 health state, or insta down a survivor, don't know exactly which of the 2.

    But personally I have no issue with either one of them.

    This will make him a lot stronger and more viable.

    The issue with tru3 idea of takes out knives is what number do you set per each knife to be taken out. If you take a low number like 2.5 second per knife. with 6 knives, it would 15 seconds to mend. Legion used to take 15 seconds to mend, it takes 12 seconds now. With such short-time frame, Almost everyone will pull the knives out. If you take a ridiculous number like 10 seconds, 6 knives would be 60 seconds, nobody will pull knives out because it takes too long and if you take an average number like 5 seconds, than hitting 6 knives is 30 seconds. that is almost as long as self-care.

    Sure, the survivors that run self-care might be fine with it, but I have feeling that many wouldn't like facing a literal mending-simulator killer. None of the other killers allow you to heal their damage so I am not sure why he should allow a healing of his damage.

    main event being a huntress hatchet might be boring. you'd have to make it like the knife can't directly strike hit the survivor, but you need to bounce it off an object to land it, you know... like a trickster..... maybe it has like homing-type ability with like special sound effects. I'd say it would take a lot of work. I think current version is closer to encore ability. Its simpler but its not very flashy.