How to avoid being 360d?
I'll admit, even as a purple rank killer, I get 360d far too often for my liking. They dodge my hits like it's nothing and it's gotten annoying. Any tips to help me out?
I'll admit, even as a purple rank killer, I get 360d far too often for my liking. They dodge my hits like it's nothing and it's gotten annoying. Any tips to help me out?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Wait out the 360 and hit them
I struggle with it a lot abd i have 2000 hours. I tried many things, but the best way is to make your sensitivity higher. I now use 100% on ps4.
Try not to lunge and treat it kind of like Dead Hard. They got buffed with the survivor movement change thanks to desync, you can't track people through janky movement any more which means you can't track a 360 during a lunge. Yay.
I also struggle with this, and am on controller on PC. The best advice I got:
The last one is more controversial, but it works maybe 30% of the time.
Back up and wait to swing
It can be tough. The way I usually land hits around the 360 is to just NOT get trigger happy. If you are 80% sure that you are about to hit, then that's not good enough. Your time is worth more than an 80% chance. Wait for 99/100%.
By adopting this one little rule I've watched survivor lose tons of 360s, waste countless deadhards, and run straight into me because they will juke when you are 80% sure you're going to hit.
I'm not a low-rank killer main though. This tip might not be as effective at that level.
Purple rank is the worst rank to be in IMO. It's when you are not quite good enough to beat particularly skilled red rank solos, you are not quite good enough to play average skilled but well organised red rank SWFs. And all you get are particularly skilled and well organised red rank SWFs.
I find the biggest problem is once you miss your first swing, it gives the survivor more confidence and you put more pressure on yourself. This is when you need to keep your cool, not rush your swing and ensure that Nea is in the centre of your screen. If you miss a couple more times, abort the chase and find someone else. The next time your encounter that survivor you might feel less pressure.
Hope that you don't get aim dressed.
If you focus and don't get impatient, it's very unlikely they can spin you. Also hope aim assist doesn't screw you over.
Waiting it out is the best strat. This also helps bait out dead hard and makes them look stupid for doing a pointless twirl just before you smack them.
Or just get up close, turn with them, and do a quick attack rather than a lunge.
It's something you get used to. With time you'll be able to hit most 360s most of the time. Sometimes aim dressing will decide to ######### you over but that's just dbd being dbd. If anything though I'd recommend getting used to playing on a fairly high sens.