Why does Deathslinger get so much hate?

Personally, I LOVE facing him, he is a very balanced killer and personally he is challenging to face if the killer knows how to play him well, which is what I like. He can be counters by three ways, Dodging his gun the best you can, or staying behind high walls, or throwing pallets early if he right up to you trying to shoot you at a loop. To all you desthslinger mains out there tell me your most salty experience by a survivor when getting a 4K with him.

Comments

  • Getting quickscoped is annoying for survivors, and most of the agency in that is in the hands of Slinger not ######### up.

    Most killers can't play him anyways, so they go along with that line of reasoning to argue "Yeah, Deathslinger and Dead Hard should really both get nerfed".

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2140945#Comment_2140945

    Huntress is only ‘balanced’ when her hitboxes are actually fair. Unfortunately, 9 times out of 10, they are not. At least with Slinger, his shots seem to hit when they should and miss when they should (for the most part). With Huntress, her hitboxes are consistently awful, for both sides mind you. I’ve seen so many instances of a Hatchet literally phasing through a survivor and not hitting them and on the other hand, I’ve seen instances of someone who’s playing Huntress themselves saying ######### like ‘that probably shouldn’t have hit’. She feels pretty damn cheap to me but I suppose if you don’t mind super wonky hitboxes then she’s mostly fine.

    Deathslinger is just annoying to face by the way. He’s actually fairly weak in my opinion as all he has is the 1v1. He has zero mobility and he doesn’t have any timesavers like Pyramid head’s cages. If the survivors play smart then they can fairly easily get at least a 2-3 man escape, even if Noed comes into play. The main complaint from what I’ve seen typically isn’t that he’s OP, just that he’s boring.

    I don't mean to repost this video (I posted it in a different thread yesterday) but it's a good demonstration of the fact that I seem to either have good luck dodging most (certainly not all) of Huntress' hatchets, or I don't seem to encounter the same collision issues that others have mentioned. When someone says that the hatchets have a hitbox the size of a Cadillac I believe that there must be an issue, yes, but the experience in this 2 minute video here are generally how it is when I face her (and thus haven't been able to see her as overly cheap yet). Hope it stays that way, lol.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyyKIQrWjTc


1 2 ›