Keys and Moris

I have been playing dead by daylight for many years now and I have seen the game through many updates and variations, and one thing that I have always thought is that Keys and Moris just shouldn't be in the game at all.

I see everywhere people talking about changes to make to them, but I personally think that the healthiest thing for them to do is to remove them from the game entirely. The ability to skip gameplay and shorten matches simply by bringing an item or offering is utterly stupid.

Please respond to this with ideas if you have any to change keys/Moris in order to make them better for dbd in a whole cause I personally cannot think of a change that would be better than just removing them.

Comments

  • I bring it up every time someone talks about nerfing Keys: There is an achievement/trophy for all four Survivors escaping through the Hatch. If Keys are removed this achievement no longer becomes possible at all. I know a lot of people don't care about that sort of thing but a lot of people do care about that sort of thing.

    So unless there was another way of opening the Hatch for everyone removing Keys can't be done, and if you can open the Hatch some other way then the point of removing Keys is moot.

    I personally think Moris are fine, I just wish there were more decent offerings that were "Secret" so when that Killer offering doesn't flip you don't just know that it is some sort of Mori because what Killer burns a Shroud? I honestly think that ALL offerings other than Realm ones should be secret, that way you don't know if there is a Survivor who will be mono-focused on gens (Objective) or one who is going to spend the whole match going for heals and unhooks (Altruism) or if the Killer is going to be using their Power a lot more than normal (Deviousness). The main reason second-hook was such a big a hit to Moris is that because Survivors know it is in play they just let themselves die on the hook instead of getting Moried. If the offerings were all secret you'd have to wait and see if someone gets Moried or not instead of just taking the hug. The Mori just short-cutting the third hook is also fine, the only time this is normally a problem is if the Survivor ran off into a dead-zone with no hooks and would be able to struggle out or need to be left slugged and that's exactly when you'd want a Mori anyways. The Survivor buys time for their team by running so far out of the way and the Killer gets their kill.

    As for Keys I think they are fine, and should be in the game. The one change I'd make is actually to the Hatch and that is: make it only spawn once five gens have been repaired or only there is is only one Survivor alive. None of this (gens repaired = (number of Survivors alive + 1)) math it is doing now. This would prevent three or two person escapes while they ignore the generators while also still making the achievement possible and rewarding good teams for making sure no one dies while they get gens done. It'd also prevent the scenario where two Survivors are still alive and one is just hiding out at the Hatch waiting for the other to die. Not doing gens, not helping in anyway, just waiting to easy escape once the other person dies.