Poor console optimization and lobby bugs
This is taking too long. We were promised console optimization forever ago and it's still terrible. There's still fps drops, especially as killer, and even when doing a simple skill check as survivor. I guess if you don't have a Pro or didn't buy a PS5 from a scalper, and are just a PS4 scrub, you don't really matter. The sensitivity cap is nowhere near high enough. I'm on 90-95%. I can't go much higher. Survivors can be running circles right in front of you and you can't hit them because of a mix of aim dressing, non-existent turn speed cap for survivors, and you guessed it: joystick sensitivity. Strong killers like Nurse and Huntress drop an entire tier or two because of how little control you have at the last second when using their killer powers. There's no low graphics option like there is on PC, so not that I'd use it because that's a lame advantage, but we don't even have that same advantage option like PC players have.
The lobby bugs are just awful, especially concerning SWF. When I join a friend's custom game on my own, I get stuck in an empty lobby and can't even leave it. I have to restart that game. But if my friend invites me to the custom game? Zero problem. So what's up with that. THEN there's SWF; actual matches. We always get "This person join- This person left." in the span of 1 second. Why does someone joining reset everyone's ready up button anyway? And for some reason when someone joins our lobby late, it doesn't cancel like it should. It puts the 3 of us in a lobby and leaves the 4th one behind, staring at our shadowy figures. Then we have to go back to come get them. And then there's always a problem when we get sent an invite but also send a join request. It's like they cancel out.
So many problems, so little time. Oh wait. The devs have had years to fix them. Why does this game have a console port if you can't even play it?
Comments
Because Coté sold his soul to the devil to make Dead by Daylight functional, popular, and wildly successful despite how many mistakes and poor decisions they make. When you agree to those terms of service, you sacrifice a part of yourself over to BHVR. There's no stopping it. No matter how many bugs, how many performance issues, people keep crawling back, don't they?
It's Coté's curse. They don't need to fix the terrible optimisation if Baphomet uses his black magic to keep the game successful.
On a serious note, though, there's no real financial incentive and fixing everything is probably just difficult enough to do that it's not very appealing.
Sure you can just play something else isint that also something Matthew said?
"Like Civilization".
I play on the One X, which is significantly more powerful than the PS4 Pro and I still have terrible issues.