German Translation
The german translation of the game is very incorrect and not lore related. For example the ultra rare offering of the Spirit is called like "The glasses of a father" in german.
Also many many many add-ons, offerings and perks are not updated to their actual effect.
The translators just don't know the game and can't translate it correctly.
I would really appreciate if the translators would look into every text again or if I just could tell you how it would be a decent translation.
Comments
I would offer myself to translate it. But not for free.
Never understood the people who do this job for free.
Thats why I play all games on english
you should check out the clowns bloody weapon in the german translation xD
they ######### up and translated "Butterfly" with the animal instead of the knife xD
I would do it for free. I know the lore and am a quite good translator. The background stories of the characters are well done surprisingly...
Yes. I didn't say it clearly: The translation doesn't only affect lore: It affects gameplay of players who are not looking into the wiki a lot.
No, they're actually German.
The thing to keep in mind is that translators are often not given context, just a list of strings. That's why a lot of time it just seems a little off. You can't just translate 1:1 most of the time, and without context, some of the finer details get lost.
In fact that is a huge amount of fine details
In my language they translated "Game" from the perk "Small Game" to "play". This is horrific, that's why I play almost every game in English.
@Peanits Yeah that's true, maybe it is better if the devs are picking people from the community helping to translate that better. I can offer my help, my German -> English translation isn't the best but my English -> German translation skills are pretty good (if I can say that by myself).
And I wouldn't even want like 1k $ or so, I would already appreciate some extra BP or cosmetic for my work.
canadian guy with a german dictionary will be like...