What Kind Of Content Do You Look For When Choosing A Streamer To Watch?

I'm looking to build my community on twitch and I'm curious what y'all of the dead by daylight look for when finding a streamer to watch.

Comments

  • Someone who doesn't have an ego and just plays for fun and doesn't have to try and prove they're the best all the time.

    Ive had to stop watching certain streamers which are big in the community because of this.

  • As for streams I, personally, value the atmosphere the most. If streamers plays well, but makes a big deal out of themselves, thinking they're the best and every opponent they face is either a loser or a cheater - I'll most likely drop 'em. If streamer is chill and fun to watch - I stay. If streamer has a nice personality and a cozy chat - I stay. Examples of that, among well-known ones, could be Otzdarva, Paulie Esther, Yerv, Umbra and Scott Jund. Despite Otz, Umbra and Scott being on a more of a "pro" side of players, they don't play to prove something to someone and are always eager to point out a good play on opponent's part and accept their own mistakes. Their streams consist of fun matches, curious talk and interesting ideas / tips from them, not inadequate entitlement or toxicity.

    If I need something super skill-based, build tests or mega-educational stuff, I'm most likely to go on YouTube and look for videos and VODs.

  • For me, it's all about atmosphere as well. I like a chill streamer, friendly and positive with game sense and skill.

    I like a welcoming engaging community, which is fostered by the streamer.

    And, I like them to play both sides as well, no bias.

    Check out @Longlivmac if you want a good example

  • A streamer who doesn't berate their opponents constantly with an inflated ego.