I genuinely think this game is it's most successful as a noncompetitive/competitive game
When I think of DBD, I think of a fun board game that you bring out at parties. It's not too hard to learn and the randomness keeps things a little bit interesting.
Like there's no possible way to get the same addon's or offerings each time. So killers aren't always wrecking with some ultra-rare addon build. Even the randomness of getting a swf team is fun, it's like walking into a dungeon room and now you're in a mini-boss battle. Sweating a little bit more is fun, if I lose I don't worry cause it was a coordinated team and if I win I slayed the boss. I get it T-baggers suck, I agree.
I'd also say it, I love hatches and keys. Cause you know what, they make to game more interesting. I've watched an exciting play where the hatch closed. The lone survivor high rolled a key, went back to grab his teammates map, and dove in before the hag got her. And you know what hatches are pretty great way to prevent hook camping in a 2v1 situation. I chose not to camp because I wanted the 4k and I couldn't let the guy find hatch before his friend died. Then it turns out his friend waited for me to leave, got the unhook and they dove into hatch. I bet that was super exciting for them.
Ya'll are getting your panties in a bunch with how this part of the game isn't competitive and what not. But this game is literally about running circles around a piece of wood. We aren't playing some high level thinking game.
So, I just wanted to say embrace the randomness and uncertainty in this game.
Comments
but i want to be angry
I want a contest of skill. You play your best and the better one wins. Games similar to board games are only fun with friends. I would for example never play mario party online with randoms.
I'm just gonna point out that there is a big difference between someone with 500 hours and someone with 5000.
A game can be casual. In fact, I like that DbD is casual. But that doesn't mean it's fun to have all of your skill and effort disregard.
True though a lot of people treat the game like it's a life or death situation. I don't know why either. I don't agree with the part where it's easy to learn though. Mainly in the killer department there is each killer to learn, and to actually master that killer can take 1k+ hours to even come close to mastering a certain killer unless you are playing like Bubba, Freddy, Spirit, Wraith, Pig and a few others, but the other one's can take quite some time to master and play on the highest level possible with them. Survivor is easier in terms of learning tiles more efficiently, but like Madlord said the difference between someone with 500 to 5000+ hours is absolutely insane typically, but I've seen people with like 6k hours still be straight out potato still, so it really does depend.