I completed Rifts 2-6 with only $10
Honestly, the Rift is a total steal. I play a decent amount and I fully complete every tome for max rift fragments. It's basically a reward for dedicated players playing the game and you can just keep using the same $10 that you get back to buy the next one. People can complain the Rift is lackluster or grindy, but it does have great value there's no denying that.
The only Rift I didn't complete get was Rift 1 because I started playing DBD halfway through it and realized that I wouldn't have enough time to complete it so I didn't waste my money.
Comments
I mean, hey, more power to you.
I just can't stand battle-passes in any game, let alone this one- The most grindy one I've ever experienced. I also don't play this game enough anymore to complete it, unless I really wanted to. And the last time I wanted to was with the Wraith one.
I didn't. :(
Just because people have things to do irl like full time jobs and families doesn't mean they arent dedicated players.
The Rift doesn't take your entire life to complete. It's all about playing regularly. If you're efficient with your tome challenges and always queue during the optimal times for your role to reduce queues, you probably only need to play 30 minutes to an hour every day on average.
It can be decreased to 5$ and 35 level.
Because of "I have full items from Rift 2-6 with 10$". Devs have to put the grind extremely high so not everyone just do the same thing as you (they still need money to live, so the grind should not be easy that everyone can get everything with 10$). So I think giving back 2$ when people reach to level 35 is quite acceptable.
Devs still get the money, everyone still able to save 2$ for the next Rift. Everyone wins.
It's still very grindy. This coming from someone with 4k hours, but who also has a job. I less dedicated than someone with 10 hours because I have a job? No.
The rift is too grindy and I do hope the leaks are real and they're making it less grindy.
It's pretty much universally agreed that the Rifts require WAY too much grinding to get to the highest tiers. BHVR will be reducing the grind somewhat for the next Rift because it's become so obvious that the grind is just too much.
I've purchased Rifts V and VI (I only started playing in October 2020), and while they were definitely worth it to me, I didn't get to Level 70 either time even with LOTS of playtime. I can definitely understand why many people are frustrated by the Rifts.