What if Dark Devotion was like Trail of Torment?
I have the perfect buff idea for Dark Devotion. The perk, as you know, has been power crept by Tinkerer, Monitor, Ghost Face, and Trail of Torment. But speaking of Trail of Torment, what if Dark Devotion had the same effect?
Trail of Torment, after its buff a while back, has the killer be undetectable until they damage a survivor or the gen that they last kicked was worked on again. So what if Dark Devotion, after hitting the obsession, had the killer be undetectable until that person got healed? We don't want to include the "or until a survivor is damaged" because that would be a nerf-rework rather than a buff-rework. It doesn't take survivors long to find a teammate to heal them.
I think this version of the perk would definitely see play, and enable more killers than just Wraith and Ghost Face to play the "hit and run" playstyle. Hit and run is a style that spreads damage "horizontally" across the whole survivor team rather than "vertically", which would be focusing on 1 survivor. It's more fun for both sides, and discourages tunneling and camping 1 survivor.
I've had this idea for a while, and I'm glad I've finally put pencil to paper. So what do you think?
Comments