Killers view on SWF
Before anyone jumps in without reading don't type yet. Info understand that swf or rather survivor as a whole have alot of stuff going for them over killer (unless specific killers/Add on are involved in which case reversed) however I think the reason killers complains about swf is most likely do to the type of major players that play this game are on the casual side. As survivor even without swf you can play casual an have perks or at times your team help you make the game less frustrating, at times (cuz solo que is difficult). However on the other hand killers don't have that luxury, an have to many thinks to remember such as who been hook, how many times is there a pallet here and so on. One side has to memorize an take in more info an play more difficult then the other. Not to mention at the end of it all it's a number game that obviously favor survivors. Not asking nor saying nerf this buff that just giving my 2 cents onto why killers feel the need to blame swf. An not all swf are bully try hard squads, maybe they are just friends that wanna play around. But some things in the game do need to be addressed such as gen speed, map pallet rng, keys and ect. Speaking of what happened to the trail warm up the devs mention way back? Anywho this is my opinion onto why some killers feel the way they do an vise versa. But 1 thing that could help both sides is to have fun.
Comments
My view on SWF is that it's highly abusable and I don't often get teams that just play DbD normally. The ability to coordinate gens and saves enables people to split up and leave teammates to hang while they so gens. Couple that with holding W and playing safe and it's just a collection of stratagies that would backfire if it was a group of solo's but instead become nearly unbeatable unless either they massively screw up and/or you are playing a select handful of killers with a select handful of perks.
I especially hate SWF teams when I'm the survivor, because I don't like being left to hang on the hook so they can do gens and I don't like watchi ghow they play on Kindred, Aftercare or Bond. It's the exact same way only they're trying to make me part of the problem. I hate it. I'm so glad this has been easing off recently.
Swf itself can be ok if I go against a swf that’s properly matched. I still can do poorly but I don’t feel like the game is over before it begins. For example, I had a match on haddonfield as a r16 and I got paired with a 4 person swf with ranks ranging from yellow-green with similar hours of play.
next match I play trickster just to practice on pc with him. I got 3 red ranks and a r20 group with corn map offered and they 99’d 3 gens after doing 2 and proceeded to spam their flashlights and be jerks. When I got two of them down via STBL, one ran to tap finish the gens while one unhooked with BT(both unhooked had DS)
I played horribly as I was trying to make use of his knives and main event. I still cut chases super short to “spread pressure” with Trickster but those gens popped quick. This match just made me remember why I don’t play killer much anymore as I’m nothing more than a play thing for groups like this.
My view is that 90% of the players I run into are so bad it really doesn't matter, seriously this game takes the title for bad players being at top level it's painful to watch how randoms play and sometimes even some of my friends I try to just play for fun and not care about it but sometimes it's near impossible and I'm in no mood to deal with ######### that takes like half a brain cell to understand being treated as if it's rocket science , I might be inclined to agree with the view more if people actually had a brain that play the game