Working With The Killer: Sunday Edition
I can't name and shame you here, but the Huntress w/Iri Heads and the Survivor working together on Gas Heaven. Both I, and a Survivor spectating the Survivor working with the Killer recorded you. You were both Console so we couldn't tell you in the end chat, but we are both reporting you and turning in the video. That was one of the most pathetic, blatant working together I've seen in awhile.
Comments
If it were a system that would actually work and not be abused I'd be all in favor of having a dedicated "thread of shame" for survivors who work with the killers. Not even so much to shame them, but to let other players know that hey, when you're in the queue with these people, just bail and look for another match.
There is nothing worse than survivors working with the killers. Nothing. It fundamentally betrays the entire purpose of the game, thus ruining it for everyone else but themselves. I ######### hate 'em.
Agreed; there is no lower form of life than Survivors that work with the Killer. Killers who allow it and play along are almost as bad. They are pathetic cheats.
I wish they'd get a better report system for instances like this. It's pretty bs that it's on the players getting screwed over by killers/survivors working together to provide proof.
I record all my matches, where do we go to submit the videos? And is there any evidence that anything is done about it? I don't care about losing, but I do care about losing to someone who is taking advantage of everyone else's desire to play the game properly. That kind of crap needs to be nipped in the bud whenever it's spotted.
And before someone advocates for it, or questions how we can tell that there's collusion, it's really not that hard to tell. When you're behind a rock or using an aura perk or something and you see the killer and another player running around together, it's pretty obvious. As for the argument that it's okay, that it's a strategy, etc., well, no. The entire existence of this game is based around the concept of killer vs. survivor. Period. Collusion between the two is obviously not something that is intended and it's ignorant to suggest otherwise.
Agreed. Anyone who gets their rocks off by playing a game with the intention of deliberately ruining the experience for everyone else needs to ask their parents why they were abandoned and / or speak to a mental health professional about the early signs of sociopathy.
You need to report the players at end game screen then go here (https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to send additional player report information with video proof. They won't update you on what action they take, if any.
Thank you. I always report both killer and survivor but I didn't know where to go to send the video proof. I'll start doing that. Thankfully I've only seen collusion a few times so far but that's still a few times too many, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
I've had several that were blatant working together but hit wrong button to save video on ps4, hit screen shot instead so no video was saved. ๐คฆโโ๏ธ Still reported and sent descriptive explanation of what happened, hoping either another from match sent video or maybe they keep record of people getting reported for same thing often. Very least able to say I tried. ๐
Yeah, I suppose it's all we can do. I have no idea whether anyone pays any attention to reports, we just have to hope for the best. I mean like the props button for example. Does anyone know when they get props? If not, what's the point? Are the post-match options just for false appeasement? I'd like to think I'm not THAT cynical, but I do wonder sometimes.
I wish for thumbs up it showed people they received a thumbs up. Might encourage better gameplay of they see people are giving them thumbs up when they're a good teammate. I'd give it to killers that didn't camp or slug til bleed out.
That's what I mean. I give thumbs up to loads of players, survivor AND killer, if I enjoyed the match and thought everyone was giving it their best, etc. Similarly I do the reporting on people who are clearly cheating or otherwise abusing the game (nothing like face-camps or stuff that I may just not happen to like, I mean legit things like what we've discussed here). I often wonder if anyone sees it, or is in any way aware of it. I mean I'm not the best player in the world, I'm new, I've only played a few hundred hours' worth of matches. But never in those matches did I get a single thumbs up, even when I clearly saved the day for someone (if not the whole match). I wonder if it really is just an empty click that literally does nothing. Which would be a shame because you're right, if we could see how popular a player is while in the queue we'd maybe be more likely to want to play with them, whereas if we saw that someone was constantly being reported we'd quit out and re-queue. I know I would.
The problem, of course, is that IF there is no monitoring, no oversight, then the system is either worthless, gets abused, or both. I can see the team wanting video evidence of actual gameplay "crimes" for this reason. That is, again, assuming that anyone looks at it.