Why is the survivor punished for killer being toxic?

just got face camped by a Bubba with 5 gens up and I’m the one who depips. Shouldn’t there be some system in place to at least black pip in a completely uncontrollable situation like this?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121803#Comment_2121803

    And in elaboration, Your points, both blood points and emblem points are awarded based on what you contributed to the team during the match. Based on the fixed , pre determined and measured metrics. The score you get is the score you deserve. We used to have a similar system, a victory cube but now we have separate scoring for emblems and bp :)

    What does that have to do with anything I’ve said in this thread? I’ve already stated that I don’t wish to have any further discussions with you. So respect my wishes and stop quoting me. All I’m waiting for is for @MandyTalk to reply to my question and after that, I’m done with this thread. Feel free to have conversations with other members though. 😇

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121806#Comment_2121806

    If it didn't make sense just read it again I guess. If I were you, I wouldn't get too caught up worrying about who is right or any abstractions and just focus on reading / rereading at my own pace to try to figure out what people were talking about.

    "Clearly you've never watched my games. I usually don't even hook people and when I do camp, I tend to camp in a more sophisticated way.


    You don't need to justify it. Let's just play it out and see who's better ;)"


    What did you meant here then? If you were wrote "Camping is not against rules and legal tactics are not toxic" that would already confirm you. But no, you tried let's see who's better? We dont know but if you are better, what will happen? That will make you right? That is how you are discussing? :d

  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121827#Comment_2121827

    Reread the thread and if it's important enough you will figure it out. ;)

    Teach me :)

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @TTV_WAWAbyWibWib said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121767#Comment_2121767

    Holding the game hostage is banable. Body blocking is actually explicitly said NOT to be banable and they tell you not to report for it. If you want people to be below you start by learning how things work.

    Devs have said body blocking a survivor is considered holding the game hostage for that survivor and therefore bannable because it's keeping them from participating in normal gameplay.

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121850#Comment_2121850

    Devs have said body blocking a survivor is considered holding the game hostage for that survivor and therefore bannable because it's keeping them from participating in normal gameplay.

    I’ve said this to him a thousand times already. But he thinks he knows better than the game developers. It’s why I tagged @MandyTalk as I’ve seen her say this recently but can’t remember the thread. He keeps ‘attacking’ me for ‘my’ views when I’m just echoing what the DEVELOPERS and MODERATORS have said. These aren’t simply my opinions.

  • I know right, how dare the killer use tactics and play smart to win lmao

  • Why is killer punished for survivor being toxic?

  • TOXIC means Bad Attitude and Behavior in an online gaming context. Its not an attitude problem to camp someone even facecamp someone. If the intention is to remove a player from the game to win its not toxic. If they do it out of a desire to provoke you or deliberately annoy you it is in fact toxic. Facecamping out of a desire to ruins someone's game is not reportable its toxic nonetheless. Making the assumption someone is doing something to agitate you is a bold assumption and opens your accusation to error. Due to a lack of clarity on matter revolving around camping and malicious intent taking any action open's behavior up to legitimising false accusation's and applying bans to players who make a desperate decision to remove someone from the game.

    I will note insidious facecamp bubba is a meme in the dbd community many do it to get in on the meme. Some do it as an excuse to be crappy that is almost certain but again some do it out of ye olde killer tradition.

  • OK, I'm closing this here because it's going around and around in circles at this point and a lot of misinformation is being spread so let me clear up a few things:

    1. If someone is camping and you can't make a save due to not having BT or something, then either one for one on the hook or push the gens - that's pretty much the only option available to you. This is a game mechanic and if survivors are constantly giving the killer points etc when they do this, that's pretty much on them because they're showing them that this type of gameplay works.
    2. Body Blocking a survivor as a killer (or as another survivor) is a reportable & bannable offence unless EGC has started, because you are preventing that survivor in taking part in the game, there's nothing the blocked survivor can do. It's irrelevant if other survivors are still in the game and can finish the gens - that survivor is being griefed at the very least.
    3. The word toxic is being thrown around so much with regards to gameplay, tbh my opinion is, if it's part of the actual game, it's not toxic behaviour. And I think we all need to focus on our own gameplay a little bit more and less attention to others, own up to our own mistakes we make in game etc.
1 2 ›