Question About Keys

Stupid question that I feel like may have been asked before, but what’s the use of green keys? They can’t unlock the hatch and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use them willingly before. I’m genuinely curious about if anyone here knows about this.

Comments

  • They actually have a longer duration (10s) than purple keys (8s), so with add-ons they give you limited aura reading abilities superior to that if a purple key but still only 1/3 of a pink key (30s).

    However, they don't open the hatch, which is the only thing that pink and purple keys do without add-ons.

  • It has an effect that killers will tunnel you because they think you have a good key on you

  • You can put an add-on to basically have Bond perk and see your teammates. It's great, you can see their auras while the killer punishes you for using an item that nobody is allowed to use! I love when I have to spend bloodpoints on things I'm socially not allowed to use or my game experience gets intentionally ruined!