To the people that want SWF removed/nerfed

Look, I get it, it can be frustrating going against a team that has an advantage as big as being able to communicate. Trust me, I’ve had my fair share of frustrating moments as killer. However, that doesn’t mean it’s the right move to gut SWF.

I would assume that the majority of people that are for a SWF nerf enjoy killer. Well, if you take away the feature of playing with friends, then it will eventually reach a point where there will be no more killer gameplay to enjoy. Why? Because part of the reason of DBD’s success is being able to play with friends. If you take that away, a lot of survivors will just quit the game, killer que times will be super long, and DBD’s death will come sooner rather than later.

A much better solution to fixing the issues SWF has would be to buff solo q and to buff all the killers that need one. Maybe even give every killer something they can do to traverse the map faster and more precisely. There’s a lot that needs to be done to balance everything out but butchering SWF is not the answer to it.

Comments

  • Solo survivor should be brought closer to SWF and then give a general buff to all killers as compensation.

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2120885#Comment_2120885

    I really don't care what you play more as long as your opinion doesn't scream "I'm entitled" or "Other side OP reeeee". :D

    Longer queue times aren't an argument because we have crossplay.

    If I think about it, I would be fine if it just shows if it's a 4-swf. Duos and Trios still have a random element to them, which kinda balance the advantage you get by calling everything out the killer is doing or where that damn hex totem is.

    And you can check profiles if you play on PC. I just scroll through the friendlist and can immediately see if they play together or not. Basically the information is already available.

    Using better addons might be an issue. But not every killer will do that. It's the same as "not every 4-man is a death squad".

    The longer queue times would come from people just lobby dodging whenever they see a 4/3 man not a lack of people and yeah sure people can look at steam profiles but a lot of people have their profiles private or their friends are appearing offline, so its not a very consistent way of gauging it.

  • Just ad an additional option for killer queue to choose whether or not queue for SWF lobbies. I get ppl like to play with friends, but that doesnt mean everyone has to.

  • I don’t want it nerfed but I would think some chsnges would be good to curb behavior.


    like making it to where you aren’t able to pip if you and your teammates have huge gaps on rank. This prevents boosting for both the new player and the veteran. Priority to higher ranked killers vs lower rank killers would also be good. And since pipping wouldn’t be an issue anymore and ppl just want to play with their friends anyway... seems like an easy fix

  • I started playing about 6 weeks ago and play Killer 95% of the time, I'm currently rank 10 & the only thing that really annoys me about SWF teams is dropping ranks if you get unlucky and have multiple SWF games in a row.

    If they added a guaranteed safety pip when facing SWF teams of 3+ i would happily play against them, even if I knew it was a SWF.

    The game was obviously originally designed around solo play. A killer is effectively having their progression taken away by a system that was never intended to the basis of the gameplay.

    Keep SWF, but make it irrelevant to player progression. Balance both killer & survivor based on solo play as the game was originally intended.

1 2 3 ›