Why can’t we report hackers?

Just had a hacking PC Myers and because I’m playing on console I have no way to report him. How can I possibly report his Steam ID when I’m unable to access it?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • use the in game report system is the only option

  • @Bangarang said:

    Just had a hacking PC Myers and because I’m playing on console I have no way to report him. How can I possibly report his Steam ID when I’m unable to access it?

    You don't have to get the Steam ID if you don't share a platform- the username will suffice (under the section "Gamertag"). Make sure everything else about the report is correct, though.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243739/why-can-t-we-report-hackers

    You don't have to get the Steam ID if you don't share a platform- the username will suffice (under the section "Gamertag"). Make sure everything else about the report is correct, though.

    They were using a fake username though? They had a TTV username and it went to somebody else’s stream. PC players can change their username whenever they want so I’d need the Steam ID. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • @dadadadadada said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/243739/why-can-t-we-report-hackers

    You can report them but it take so much time its kinda worthless to do. For me the worst thing you have no notification for your report so you dont know if it work or nah

    They were using a fake username. I don’t see how simply reporting them without their Steam ID would help? For example, if they were called ‘Big Booty Jane’ and I reported that username but after my match they changed to ‘I Hate Crossplay’ - how would my report do anything? This is what’s annoying about going against PC players as it’s just so easy for them to keep changing their username.

    So as it currently stands, I just have to let the hackers keep on hacking. 🤦🏼‍♂️

  • @Bangarang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2121720#Comment_2121720

    They were using a fake username. I don’t see how simply reporting them without their Steam ID would help? For example, if they were called ‘Big Booty Jane’ and I reported that username but after my match they changed to ‘I Hate Crossplay’ - how would my report do anything? This is what’s annoying about going against PC players as it’s just so easy for them to keep changing their username.

    So as it currently stands, I just have to let the hackers keep on hacking. 🤦🏼‍♂️

    You can still report their username - because what matters the most is you've made a in-game report as it ties directly to that match, so whether or not you can put down their Steam ID is not that necessary.

    It's enough if you put down the name in the support ticket and mention in the ticket itself that you reported them and that they might have used a fake name. In-Game reports are mandatory.