Penalize teammates for not doing anything
Always doing something is what determines a good survivor from bad survivor. Too many bad survivors are at high ranks, they shouldn't be there.
Emblems should consider how much of the match you were actively doing something during a match.
I'm tired of being the one doing gens or whatever and getting hooked only for the rest of the survivors to be scared to even move a muscle. I always end up dying in most of these matches.
Emblems should consider how much of the match you were actively doing something during a match.
I'm tired of being the one doing gens or whatever and getting hooked only for the rest of the survivors to be scared to even move a muscle. I always end up dying in most of these matches.
Comments
I've seen plenty of games where all they did was run, still made more points dying than the people who escaped.
Same goes for hook saves. Better make a 100% sure killer is not camping, then go for it. So pointless to go for foolhardy heroics.
Emblems have made piping too easy, I agree.
1. Your teammates find out the killer has Ruin
2. All 3 of them start searching for it
3. One of them gets caught while searching and ends up on a hook
4. The other 2 are now waiting for the killer to leave so they can get the unhook points
5. They are now being hooked/unhooked until two of them are dead
6. You manage to repair 2 gens with Ruin and the killer finds you.
7. Your last teammate waits until you die and he escapes through the hatch.
Summary:
The last one that did almost nothing gets the most points while you get around 10k for gens.
I completely agree. Had a match last night, where I had to be afk for half of it. I mostly repaired a generator, and was being chased by the Doctor, when my mom demanded food (she doesn't care if I'm in the middle of a game), so I led the Doctor into the basement, and I pointed at the hook, but he just hit me once, and left. I went to make her food, and I came back to the game (the Doctor came back, downed me, and carried me to hook by a corner of the map, someone rescued and healed me at some point, so I was just standing in front of a hook). I then helped repair the final generator, and escaped, which granted me a pip. It's rather sad I can be afk for more than half the match and still pip,
Honestly, one of the most beautiful aspects of dbd is that you're not just trying to outsmart the killer, but often you're on competition with other survivors. Sometimes you just have to volunteer one of them for the hook, so you can escape. After all, that's what they're there for.
The first emblem iteration was perfect, but survivor complained that they had to work for their pips now.
Thats why devs made it easy AF to pip again.
Oh, and btw imo you climb as killer too fast too
You are not teammates. You are survivors.