Profanity Filter
The profanity filter is a bit ridiculous, no?
In a game that glorifies violence, the phrase "teabags me" is filtered.
In what world did anyone need the word "teabags" to be filtered?
The profanity filter is a bit ridiculous, no?
In a game that glorifies violence, the phrase "teabags me" is filtered.
In what world did anyone need the word "teabags" to be filtered?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It is ridiculous.
I've had it filtered dozens of completely random words. I can't even type normally because the filter makes it look like I'm saying bad things to people.
its ridiculous how many things are censored like the game is rated M for adults, I dont think this is a pass for people to see some truly awful ######### like racism or the like but c'mon really cant even drop an F bomb without seeing a bunch of hashtags. It just seems ridiculous to not at least have an off button.
It's one thing if they had to set up a basic filter to make it cross-play compatible.
It's another thing if they allow people to teabag and flashlight spam in their game, but then ban the associated phrases by which we describe those actions.
It's like setting up a culture of not being able to talk about certain things.