Left behind ๐คฃ
Not the perk, its awesome I run that with my babe big balls bill.
Basically through out the match, I've fixed most of the generators and unhooked all 3 of my team, 2 of them on 2 occasions, 1 unfortunately DC. They opened the EG right next to the hook where I was in Midwich, and instead of coming back to run out the door next to me they've run off to open another gate and escaped, trapper was running to the left of me and not the way they were running.
Am I imagining this to be a little unfair? Doing all the work and being left behind? Or are they in the absolute right for doing this?
Never a salty gamer, but this genuinely upset me as I've saved and fixed throughout and I put my self at risk for them and I feel I've just been kicked in the sweetbags by my own team and left to be an idiot.
Comments
I mean it all comes down to what is going on. It's somewhat better to get a 3 out then to greed a 4 out that results in a 2k. Also they might not be confident in themselves and teammates to get you out by body blocking. I know you said you were on midwich but sometimes you might be on a bigger map and go down across the map from the gates. If the killer is proximity camping and you and I are the only survivors left, you can almost guarantee I will leave. The likely hood of us both getting out even with BT is smaller depending on the map and lethality of the killer.
Also maybe they got chased the majority of the match and felt like they did there part. Or they are just new and want to get an escape. Who knows. I've done 5 gen chases only to get face camped with noed and have my team instantly leave. But it is what it is.
When you play with randoms it often feels like a solo participation challenge, but in reality everyone is working together for the best possible outcome. Sometimes that outcome doesn't involve you getting to leave.
"Not everyone gets to go home for their actions to matter" is my catchphrase when being a survivor.
Sometimes the right move is to be left behind or to leave someone behind. Maybe they sucked or maybe they were selfish, but honestly you only lost out on 5000 blood points and the killer only got a single kill so you all kind of won even if you died. Always feels bad when it happens but hell sometimes I'll actually let myself die to silently tell the other survivors "get the ######### out. Don't throw away your lives on me."
After 7100 hrs: This happened to me quiet often. You did game deciding things and even whenthe Killer didnt camped, or had noed, or oneshot they just ran out. Games where I did 5 gens or most gens, many unhooks and silly long chases. Games where "carrying" gets a new definition.
So you can go the hard way and keep going. Being a good human in a videogame- But I'll promise you, either you'll quit the game or you start not carring anymore and instead to everything that's fun for you
My number rule: I have a chance to leave? I'll leave.
The passive effect of that is that if the others just leave you behind, you start to care way less than before. Because you would do the exact same.
So yea, have fun having games being like that. Won't be the last one
So if I'm hooked to the door I'm next too available to leave you just run past me and leave then ๐
They did their part in getting caught twice I saved them twice plus fixed most gens and they run off. ๐ if that's fair game play of allowing someone to put their neck out and leaving them behind.. carry on ๐
I mean it sounds like you never took chase long enough for it to matter. They might have been like this guy is just doing gens and now I'm on death hook since I took chase the whole match.
What exactly has a chase got to do with jt? When you've unhooked and done gens from the start ๐
I call your statement to be an excuse to not save your mate that is OK a hook next to the door you've just unlocked. And when messaging them get a salty reply " what you want a medal?" "Snooze you lose " " get good" .... you're ass wipes however you look at it.
Chase has a lot to do with it. If I'm on death hook and can't get a save that insures my safety and yours why would I save unless I knew you. It is not an excuse it is a smart play. It's a better option then just feeding the killer downs and hooks for possibly the same outcome or worse. I'm not saying every situation is the same. Yes there are times we're the teammate should have saved. You have to understand that you have a different perspective in the situation then they do. They don't necessarily know what is going on around your hook.
Also why would you message them about it. They left you. At most they would feel sorry they didn't save you. Are you looking for an apology? You are not going to get that in an online game.
I'll save everyone and try my best to get you out even if I die trying but all I ask is you actually tried doing chases and done gens without being toxic. As soon as I see you avoiding gens, farming altruism or being toxic I'll leave even if it's your first hook. Play well and I'll do my best to help you, dont try or be toxic why would I try and reward that behaviour. But most survivors are scared nowadays and I'll often die at first hook with 3 people t-bagging the gate like I didn't do most of the work for them to get there, but it doesn't surprise me anymore, ranks a mess atm