Freeze lagging and other disconnection issues

For weeks and weeks, I've been dealing with minor freeze lag cases in DbD. I initially thought that my ISP was just being crappy and slowing speeds. I mainly play DbD, so I hadn't checked if other games ran well or not. However, when I took a small break and played other games, they all ran fine. I went back to DbD not too long ago and the problems became worse. Disconnecting in the middle of matches at worst, and constant lag and choppy frames when a generator is complete, someone else or I am hooked, etc.

I know my system can run the game; this only started happening recently (about a month ago or so) and I've been playing since Christmas 2020 without any issues up until this point. I've tried everything I could find, from restarting my router to reinstalling steam. I'm out of options, so I decided to post here. Anything to help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Comments

  • Same here, lots of people are having this problem, everybody just want to pretend it's the ISP. It started with the last patch.

    48 ping, just got dropped from my first match, while picking up the last survivor. Don't worry though, I have it on good authority that since it's not happening to everyone it's not happening.

  • Yeah, it's been happening to me a few times. My ping is low 30's btw. One random disconnect (5 minute penalty, whatever), and a couple really laggy matches. The other players noticed it too. First case, had a survivor message me saying there was a lag switcher or something. (I thought they were accusing me at first, but in hindsight I don't think they were.) The lag was REALLY bad, I even recorded part of the match just cause I thought there was a lag switcher too. Second match was me as survivor, and my SWF teammate (on another console) also experienced the lag. (Had trouble hitting skill checks, and figuring out where to go.)