I love this game but man this makes me want to uninstall

I'm new to this game. I have about 150 hours on it and really love the game. I'm not annoyed about playstyles (i.e. camping, looping, killer perks being op or vice versa for survivors) but the one thing that continues to push me to uninstall the game is when I'm just playing and a player gets downed before the 1st gen is popped and then just leaves, or when the killer doesn't get a hook before 3 gens pop. That dc hurts the survivors and/or killers and then it makes near impossible to actually not de-pip/gain a pip. Now its not every time; clearly if the killer is new or just not as skilled as the survivors than yes that can still be a very playable game. But that usually isn't the case the higher rank you go. The worse one is when one person dc and then another does as well cause of swf or they just don't want to play that match because of the initial dc. I feel like a very simple solution is just not letting your rank be affected by the dc. in other words, if a dc happens then you will not de-pip/rank down, but still have the possibility to rank up. This small change would completely change how people feel about a match when someone gets salty and just dc's. The fact that they don't gain bp is honestly not a good enough punishment. To them they already felt the game was a loss and i feel like a timer to re-enter a game should be implemented (kind of like league) and after so many dc's they should get temp bans and such. Now this affects survivors mostly since it is a 4v1 game but the lack of possible bp or a rank up for killers with one less survivor does affect them. I just feel like a lot of good changes have been made but one of the big glaring things that does hurt the community seems to be overlooked. And the fact is will this completely solve the issue, no. But i do feel like it could be a possible step in the right direction.

Comments

  • Not a solution. I hope for bots subistitute when someone DC, like in dbd mobile. Or they can do like Overwatch penalty system/ cancel the match.

  • I Remeber when you could test your nat type and force all the survivors to DC good times..

  • Untitled.png

    the moment they went down they dc. we all de-pip and i de ranked. this is seriously annoying and will kill this game if this doesn't get taken care of.

  • Quit a game because you lose rank? Wouldn't it be easier to not give a ######### about rank and just play for wins/points/fun?

    Rank doesn't really matter, it just happens while you play.

  • ahh yes, that was the issue. The issue clearly wasn't about no punishment's for dc/stopping it because the game isn't fun when that happens. No you're right, its all about the ranks! lmao

  • They should probably sort out the bug right now where the game randomly boots you from the match but otherwise I agree.

    DC penalty needs to be more strict.