PTB bug: Survivor loud noise notification is not triggering if killer is far away

from about 90 meters away you can't see notifications anymore

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • Was it only fast vaults? As me and my friends have found out on custom game have found that fast vaulting across the map doesn't trigger loud noise notifications. We never checked lockers, sc, or pebble.

  • @Fiaking said:

    Was it only fast vaults? As me and my friends have found out on custom game have found that fast vaulting across the map doesn't trigger loud noise notifications. We never checked lockers, sc, or pebble.

    I never checked too

  • Loud Noise Notifications can be heard when a survivor performs a rushed actions within 48m of the killer. 90m are too far away. This is not a bug.

  • @Skaphegor said:

    Loud Noise Notifications can be heard when a survivor performs a rushed actions within 48m of the killer. 90m are too far away. This is not a bug.

    Wait really? How have I played this game for years and didn't know there was a distance limit to notifications??


  • @Volfgang57 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2146568#Comment_2146568

    Wait really? How have I played this game for years and didn't know there was a distance limit to notifications??

    I think many people don't know that. I found that in DbD-Wiki once.

  • So is this not mentioned anywhere in the game at all? We really need some updated tutorials

  • @Nullclines said:

    So is this not mentioned anywhere in the game at all? We really need some updated tutorials

    It's hinted at in the description of I'm All Ears, those 48 meters aren't mentioned by happenstance.

    But yes, it's not mentioned anywhere in the game, some community members discovered that limitation by testing it out years ago.