Throughts about the upcoming PTB - now vs later

Hello people of the Fog.

Since a first impression can determine what we think of others or other things I had this idea: I'm just collecting my thoughts about the upcoming changes and reflect about what I'll think about them later after playing the PTB. I think this might be an interesting approach, since we often think something is garbage or OP because we see the numbers.

Let's find out what I will be right about or not.


FREDDY

This is a bit subjective, but since I never played with slow-downs or Snares, I won't be affected much by the nerf. I'm not sure if reducing the MS to 4.0 will help with the Snare spamming. I think he'll still be able to trap both sides of a loop and get you with ease. His best ability, the Teleport, is still unchanged so I don't think he will be any weaker.

His changed addons are a bit underwhealming. The Stridor addon could be good though. I'm unsure about Black Box. 10s seem a bit short imo, but since Object is getting nerfed and DS has almost vanished after 4.6.0, using this addon wouldn't be a risk anymore and could actually do well combined with pallets.

I don't think the change to the clocks will get more people to use them. Since they are across the map, most people will stay where they are unless they need to go to that location anyways.


DEMOGORGON

I relly don't play Demo, so I can't really tell if it's good or not. But lesser cooldown and faster teleport sounds nice. The brown addon looks interesting but I'm not sure if it's worth. The purple one seems a bit weak for that rarity.


HUNTRESS

What was the problem of Iri Huntress? That a good huntress could snowball at the start of the game where everyone is healthy and no DH is available. It was also very good if you had a bunch of teammates who healed vs Iri Head, which resulted in a big waste of time (looking at you self-caring Blendettes!). But if you had a good team, that Huntress handicapped herself by having only 3 hatchats instead of 5.

Now Iri Head is one-in-the-chamber. It is a pretty bad addon for players with bad aim but I also think it would be bad for good huntresses as well if the team is efficient. It will still do good vs bad teams like seen in the "1 in the chamber" videos from Monto or CoconutRTS. Even an average Huntress will have more problems than benefits like seen in OhTofu's video where he tried this.

The new pink addon also seems bad, because no good huntress would ever be without hatchets.


THE TWINS

I don't play the Twins, since I don't like their playstyle (camping and slugging). But the few times I played them I noticed the camera not being controllable after changing to Charlotte. I think that change is good.


PERKS

I'm fine with almost everything, I just have concerns about BT and Object.

BT: I can understand changing it because Oblivious messed with this perk, but making it work 24/7 just plays into swf's hands. Now you can't do anything about it, if they unhook in your face. At least, as a stealth Killer or Freddy, I was able to go against this. And I'm not talking about camping, I am talking about regular hook defense. This is not an anti camp/tunnel perk anymore. I can understand that BT should be good vs every Killer, even if they sit Insidious in the basement, but this is not the way to go.

What I would do: change the trigger for BT to distance to the Killer to 16m, since it is considered camping by the emblems if the killer is inside a 16m radius of the hook. This way it would work against every Killer but it would make it harder to abuse it. Also give the survivors a little audio cue so they know it is ready. To counter swf abusing it you could then also make it single use only.

Object: If you are not the obsession and the killer doesn't have any aura reading abilities, this perk is 100% useless. Since DS almost vanished the chances are small that someone will "rob" you your perk, but no one likes RNG in this game. The little speed buff during aura reveal seems insignificant, since normal auras are shown for 4-6s. Exceptions are Mirror Myers or other wall hack builds. I'd get more use out of Spine Chill (also 6%) or Resilience (9%) than this.

Forcing an aura reveal every 30s can very well kill you. Imagine hiding because the killer is next to you chasing another person. now the killer can see you every 30s. Before the change, you could either look away from the killer (if they had a small TR) or the TR would deactivate the perk. Either give it a 30s cooldown but let yourself activate it, or give it a minimum range (f.e.16m) like before but independent of the TR.


OTHER CHANGES

Nothing to say.


COLDWIND FARM

I just hope the corn is destructable or you can finally stalk through it!

Comments