will the devs ever let ptb on console's for players

Just asking as it seems a bit unfair only pc players have anyway in the ptb when there should be at least 3 ptb sets using a rng for any applicants so there's a unbiased set of people on all systems for feedback to different issues

Comments

  • Just saw the ptb info for joining they said it's not something possible right now
  • It isn't needed on console.

  • Tizzle said:

    It isn't needed on console.

    It is though because issues that affect pc wont necessarily affect console and it would.be good to be able to point out bugs that can appear on consol vs bugs on pc is why I was asking
  • @redsopine1 Whether or not this is still true I do not know, but my understanding from various developers with cross-platform games is that it has to do with not only how Sony and Microsoft handle allowing patching on their platforms, but also possible fees for patching that studios must pay.

    I know, at least, that Blizzard has cited those reasons, especially the first one, as to why Overwatch on console does not have a Test Server. Plus, I know that DC Universe Online only has a PC Test Server and cited that reason, and Daybreak Games was even under Sony at one time as SOE.

  • Very VERY rare for it to happen. So most likely not.