My opinion on the mid chapter
Overall I like the way they are taking balance a bit more seriously here but there are a couple of problems
FREDDY
Freddy’s nerf is way too heavy handed. Him moving at 100% while snaring is ridiculous considering the survivor has to be asleep for them to work in the first place. In chase he is now much worse than clown who is his closest contemporary. Only having 5 snares isn’t terrible but was not necessary imo
His new addons seem okay but the slowdown ones seem pretty useless
DEMO
Demo did not need his exhaustion add on changed imo. You could say it is standardisation but then why wasn’t huntress’ changed?
His buffs are slight but nice changes. He should have rat liver base in my opinion though
HUNTRESS
While I would’ve rathered iri head get a range requirement this change works fine. Her other iri seems kinda weak but if your a bad shot it could be used.
TWINS
All this change will do is encourage even less people to pick twins up. It won’t affect good twins players and wasn’t a problem to begin with.
Her buffed Iri’s are pretty good though
SURVIVOR PERKS
Small game: Great change and I actually might use it now
Lucky break: This definitely isn’t going through tbh especially with iron will. I would’ve rather they made the timer reset when healed
Soul guard: Pretty much the same but okay change to stop abuse of it in niche scenarios
Zanshin: Still not the best but okay for learning loop spawns and on certain killers like doc or PH
Open handed: Great change I’m glad is actually going through this time
BT: Again another great change. Now works like it should
Object: Not Busted in SWF anymore but could still be pretty decent if used correctly
NEW FARM
Looks great but I hope they make rotten fields actually fun to play on and fix some of cowsheds problems
HOOK SKILLCHECKS
Brilliant change that needed to happen sooner. My A button is finally safe
Overall and interesting patch but a pretty good one. I hope the devs keep up with these more balance focused updates.
Comments
I'll do my take on these as well but I agree with all of these to an extent
New farm doesn't say *moans in coldwind*
"Demo did not need his exhaustion add on changed imo. You could say it is standardisation but then why wasn’t huntress’ changed?"
They didn't show us all the add on changes.
Oh in that case then I guess maybe? Pig will still have hers too though
No option to play as Old Freddy = sadness
If you allow me to share my opinion:
-Reduced movement speed while placing snares is a good change. It actually brings him somewhat closer to killers such as Trapper and Hag.
-Reduced the maximum number of pallets and snares is a weird change, to be honest. I can see it working for Snares, since it prevents you from literally spamming them during a chase (something that you should never do). But pallets are not that strong, and they do not give you any advantages until the very last second when a survivor drops it. Reducing the number of pallets is overkill.
-Alarm clocks tweaks are pointless, in my opinion. I mean, you don't have time to actually protect them, and it is very possible that you will take longer than 30 seconds to find a survivor that just woke up.
-Add-on changes are extremely bad. Black Box is now a joke, and why on Earth, or Entity's realm, would you use an add-on that makes actions louder? If you want to counter Iron Will, there is Stridor and a generator being repaired is a loud action by itself.
And thats it. I look forward to test everything in the PTB tomorrow.