Decisive Strike Obsession Feature

Although I believe the DS change makes it less frustrating to go against as killer and has definitely made less people use it, I still think that giving killers a free way to easily tunnel without any second thought is boring and annoying for survivors.

I'm wondering if it would be overpowered/ridiculous for the whole obsession part of the perk to be removed. Tbh the only reason it's still there is because of how old DS worked where it would be different depending on if you were the obsession or not. However, removing the obsession part would mean that killers who see there's no obsession can't just tunnel for free. Obviously they could still take the risk (which is hardly a risk anymore because no one uses the perk) and face the consequences if they are unlucky. I really think this change would make the game much more fun for survivors and would at least get rid of some of those laggy, tunneling legions who have fun getting free wins and ruining survivor's day.

P.S. Before you call me an entitled survivor main, I play equal amounts of both sides and if anything I play more killer than survivor.

Comments

  • Well DS was never an option for anti-tunnell nor solution. It is a psychological effect that we are seen right now. Before the nerf if I wanted to tunnell somebody I would eat DS and keep chasing that survivor. DS would only gave them some escape chance and 5-6 secs. With new DS it is nearly same. The irony is that now the DS is nerfed the killer thought tunneling is easier but the funny thing is before the nerf it was also easier to achieve that. Sadly there is nothing you can do againts tunneling,slugging and camping. If the killer wanted to play that way he will play that way. The best thing you can do is be better than him so that he cant hit you, get you and etc.... The best solution is that accept that there would be killer players like that and they will be using these methods.