Does anybody else find the pews in Father Campbell’s Chapel problematic?
I have been a big supporter of the map reworks, and breakable walls (understanding the philosophy behind them, and how dramatically they can alter the dynamics of a chase).
I also understand the reworks have added things that aesthetically make sense.
BUT!!!!
Those pews in Chapel frustrate the hell out of me as Killer. Ignoring all the vaults on this building, the pews alone make an already strong building for survivors, infuriating to deal with as killer. I’m losing count of the amount of times I’m getting stuck on geometry down there, feeling robbed of a hit or some well earned distance I’ve closed on the survivor.
I really feel annoyed that it seems like we’ve moved back towards clear cut chases that 100% should be abandoned because of a building, with a gen that we shouldn’t bother defending. Just let the survivors have it.
Is this just me? Probably some killers have an easier time with this building, particularly navigating the pews. But even with Clown’s chase power that I’m ridiculously confident with, I feel powerless in Chapel.
Comments
I'm not sure I would consider the pews to be a huge problem. Especially when rng with windows and breakable walls can create some really nasty set ups.
+1
I despise what they did to The Chapel.
It went from being one of my favorite maps, to hating it just because of the main building.
“Entity I’m trying to chase the survivors but I’m dummy thicc and my ass keeps getting stuck on the church pews”
Clown probably
Just a question. Is there anything in this game you consider something you have to overcome yourself, or literally everything must be hand-fed?
I’m ignoring this. You’re just baiting, and clearly selectively ignoring any of my other positive posts, or guide/help posts.
I sorta kinda don’t care about those, although I definitely understand what you mean. I just get aggravated when I’m chasing someone either through that ground floor, or dropping down there after another survivor dropped down there, and I lose momentum because I’ve bumped into something or feel momentarily stuck on something. It reminds me of how bad some of the log structures on Yamoaka used to be.
Yes, I do find that map problematic, but not because of the pews. I find it problematic because of the window. Somehow, in a mysterious way behind our comprehension, the rework made it worse.
Idek what a pew is.
The “benches”/“seating”
The only thing I hate about the reworked maps is it's full of dead zones, you can literally see everyone from one corner of the map throughout the other end of the map, and breakable walls as dead ends.
... So unlike you I'm actually not a fan of reworked maps.
Okay, thank you. 👌
I know what you’re talking about, but I don’t think it’s as big a problem as the pews in the chapel. If anything Disturbed Ward is a significant improvement from how it used to be.